New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod - Audiobook storage on Nano?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Uti

Uti is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac G5 1.8 GHz

Does anyone know approximately how many audiobooks can be stored on a 4GB Nano? I just bought one for my 11 year old niece. Wondering if she can load up several books or should do one at a time? Will any MP3 audiobook work on the Nano? Thanks for any advice you can share.
QUOTE Thanks
wytwolf

wytwolf will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2.2Ghz i7 Late 2011 MBP: 16GB Ram 500GB Seagate XT HD

She should easily be able to upload several audiobooks. I just checked and my avg. audiobook size is about 350MB. Remember audiobooks are encoded at a much lower bit rate then songs. I like my songs at about 192kbps, but my audiobooks are encoded at 32 or 48kbps. It's only someone talking not a complex string of musical notes. Remember that if she rips them off cds, she will have to convert them to .m4b files for them to be put into the audiobook section on her nano. The program i use is audiobook builder by splasm. It will do everything for you. If it's in mp3 it will join them and then covert and rename into the correct format, and it's only $10.
QUOTE Thanks
Kilted1

Kilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video

I can 2nd the choice of Audibook builder it is a great program. I use it together with Audio hijack to record Radio plays which are in episodes Then stitch them into an audiobook with Audiobook builder.

With 4 gig she will have room for qiute a few

PS.. A 1.5 hour play takes about 42 MB
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I cant change my song order on my ipod shuffle! | my ipod froze...how do I restart it? »