Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   iPod Hardware and Accessories (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ipod-hardware-accessories/)
-   -   WiFi issues anyone else???? (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ipod-hardware-accessories/71038-wifi-issues-anyone-else.html)

dreenn 07-27-2007 02:53 AM

WiFi issues anyone else????

ok guys i have a small issue when i try to connect through my home network VIA WiFi my iPhone will connect to the network but i won't get a signal strong enough to view anything on the internet so i'm always useing the edge network at the house when i don't want to anyone else have this problem or know of a solution

mathogre 07-27-2007 07:53 AM

I don't have a problem with it at home. We have a townhouse. The router is on the 3rd floor, and I can access wifi throughout the house. We have a D-Link DI-624.

Work is a different issue. We have a semi-open wifi at work. My ability to connect is a function of where I am in the building. I cannot connect in my office, but I can connect sometimes in the conference rooms on the other side of the building.

You might want to see if you're running on a channel by yourself or if other neighbors are using the same one. If they are, you might swich your router's channel to reduce the potential for interference.

cwa107 07-27-2007 08:36 AM

Check the Wireless Networking FAQ (link in my signature). It should help you with your range/interference issues.

dreenn 07-27-2007 03:56 PM

just a little background on me and my network i have an assoitates degree in network engineering so i know what i''m doing hehe my iBook connects just fine as does my iPhone although my iPhone won't get a singal even though is says its connected to MY network i strongly feel this is an issue with the iPhone its self and not so much my router i can sit 2 feet from my router and not get one bar of a signal to my iPhone

Oscardms 07-27-2007 04:04 PM

Can you connect to any other WIFI networks? If not, then it's a problem with the phone.

jotdess 07-27-2007 04:50 PM

I have no issues with mine. Works awesome via wifi @ home.

bryphotoguy 07-27-2007 06:30 PM

I broadcast a wifi signal from my iMac's airport card and I don't have a problem connecting to it. I've connected to unsecure networks at my gf's place as well.
Bryan

dreenn 07-28-2007 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oscardms (Post 449341)
Can you connect to any other WIFI networks? If not, then it's a problem with the phone.

I just tried to connect to an unsecure network and the same thing happened my iPhone will have a full wifi signal once i connect but when i try to access a website about half way through the website load my iPhone will stay connected to the wifi network but will not have a signal

kaidomac 07-28-2007 10:00 AM

I don't have problems connecting to my home network, but it is pretty dang slow even on 802.11g...

Cody 08-02-2007 12:36 AM

I've also got a weird problem, I have wifi all throughout the house. MacBook gets it anywhere. iPhome gets it upstairs but I get no service up their, and I can't access the internet without edge access. Vice-versa downstairs.

wtf?:Shouting: