New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

closing safari

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

guant

guant is on a distinguished road

When I close safari then go back later to open it up, it comes up with the last page i was on, is there a way to actually close out of safari that it goes to a home screen when you open it back up later

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Gamalen

Gamalen is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook white 13' Core 2 duo 2.0 Ghz, 1.5 G Ram, 160 GB Hard Drive

What do you mean by closing the safari? When you close it, is it still active in the Dock (there will an an arrow/triangle) next to the safari icon. If safari is still active in the dock, it will go back to the last viewed page.
You have to actually "quit" the application and when it starts up it will go back to the default home page (usually Apple.com) unless you have already changed it.
QUOTE Thanks
Carol247

Carol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really nice
Mac Specs: imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0

You don't close Safari by clicking on the "red" button (if this is what you're doing). This will just put it down on the dock.
To really close it, you must click on Safari and choose "Quit Safari."

"We have enough youth, what we need is a fountain of smart"! - Unknown
QUOTE Thanks
diesel828

diesel828 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2.2GHz Intel Core Duo processor, 120GB hard drive, 2GB RAM, 15" widescreen... pretty basic.

Um, I think you guys are missing the point: This is an iPhone forum, so clearly the original poster is talking about Safari on the iPhone... there are no docks and little red buttons.

To guant:

Unfortunately, when you "close" Safari on the iPhone, all you're doing is leaving it where it was and going back to the home screen. I'm not sure if you can set up a home page for Safari to default to, but if it is possible I'd check in the phone settings first.

2.2GHz MacBook Pro
16GB iPhone 3G
www.myspace.com/callofdoody
QUOTE Thanks
guant

yes, i was talking on the iphone
QUOTE Thanks
doom1701e

doom1701e is on a distinguished road

What i have been doing is i bookmarked the address "about:blank" (without the quotes) and just go to it before closing Safari. So when i open safari again it is a blank page, ready to go.
QUOTE Thanks
guant

thats a good idea, thanks for the tip
QUOTE Thanks
Carol247

Carol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really nice
Mac Specs: imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel828 View Post
Um, I think you guys are missing the point: This is an iPhone forum, so clearly the original poster is talking about Safari on the iPhone... there are no docks and little red buttons.

To guant:

Unfortunately, when you "close" Safari on the iPhone, all you're doing is leaving it where it was and going back to the home screen. I'm not sure if you can set up a home page for Safari to default to, but if it is possible I'd check in the phone settings first.
Duh Sorry...

"We have enough youth, what we need is a fountain of smart"! - Unknown
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« sync games on two macs? | Any Ideas When... »