New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

scratches

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

guant

guant is on a distinguished road

Just wondering if anyone has experienced any scratches yet on their iphone? I've had mine for about a week and no scratches. Just wondering if anyone has been able to get a scratch on the front yet.
QUOTE Thanks
Mattlike

Mattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really nice
Mac Specs: Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac

I've had mine since launch and no scratches at all
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

I've got some small scratches on the shiny aluminum frame and on the apple logo on the back. Other than that, it's fine.

I'm ordering the Invisible Shield for the iPhone to prevent any future scratches, especially to the screen

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
guant

guant is on a distinguished road

anyone know how those shields are? seems like they would be hard to put on without getting bubbles or dust in them
QUOTE Thanks
goffracing

goffracing is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Black Macbook core 2, 2gb and an 8gb Iphone with scratches on the screen

i looked at mine this morning and i have 3 scratches on the screen and i can feel them with my finger nail and its killing me. today is my Iphones one week birthday and i was just cleaning it and noticed the scratches. i have been very careful with mine so i have no idea how the scratches got there. please someone tell me if the shields work etc. and will the scratches affect the phone's operation?
QUOTE Thanks
goffracing

Mac Specs: Black Macbook core 2, 2gb and an 8gb Iphone with scratches on the screen

is there a warranty on the screen ?
QUOTE Thanks
diesel828

diesel828 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2.2GHz Intel Core Duo processor, 120GB hard drive, 2GB RAM, 15" widescreen... pretty basic.

If there are scratches on the screen, something must be wrong.... there are loads of videos on YouTube with people scraping their screens with knives and keys and the screen turns up without any scratches.

2.2GHz MacBook Pro
16GB iPhone 3G
www.myspace.com/callofdoody
QUOTE Thanks
bryphotoguy

bryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nice
Mac Specs: Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone

I have a few on the Apple logo on the back but nothing else. Try eBay for the clear protective screens for the front. I bought the one from the Apple store and there were only two in the pack for $15. I tossed the first one away cause I got dust on the sticky side. You can pick up 5 for $5 on eBay I believe.
Just clean the screen and start on one end of the iPhone. You can slowly push the bubbles out. Just don't keep lifting off the protector, that's how you'll get dust on the inside.
Bryan

January 2008 Member of the Month
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Do the protectors mess up you usage of the screen? Apple actually recommends not using any kind of screen protectors as it can interfere with your interaction with the screen. Despite their recommendation of not using protectors, they sell them in the store. I find that very funny.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
bryphotoguy

bryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nice
Mac Specs: Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone

I've not run into a single issue with the use of the protectors. I kept the original plastic piece on my iPhone for a week until I could buy some from the store. The original piece of plastic covered the ear piece so it made answering questions a pain but otherwise no problems.
Bryan

January 2008 Member of the Month
QUOTE Thanks
Fromasta Flex

Fromasta Flex is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone

No scratches here.
QUOTE Thanks
goffracing

i wish i knew what the heck scratched my phone i really have no idea. i have been telling everyone at work how great it is and how you cant scratch it and then boom this morning there are 3 that you can feel with your fingernail.
QUOTE Thanks
Aikidoka

Aikidoka is on a distinguished road

Mine still looks like it did the day I got it.
QUOTE Thanks
Manzana

Manzana is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: intel core duo 2 Black Macbook 2gb of ram. 200 gb hardrive,

I think the invisheild has a lifetime warranty...

Black Macbook 2g of ram 200 gb hardrive ipod shuffle
2 black 80 gb ipods
black 4 gb nano
and a apple store t shirt
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« ipod as a hardrive? | "Call Forwarding is Active" "Dissmiss" »