New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

Family Plan

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

samboh

samboh is on a distinguished road

Please check my math on the AT&T iPhone Family Plan with two lines. 1400 minutes = $100 for first line + $30 for second = $130 + tax. I qualify for an educational discount so I guess I can subtract .06%. Am I missing hidden fees?

Thanks,

Sam
QUOTE Thanks
kaidomac

kaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nice
Mac Specs: G4 Cube

Where do you get the educational discount from? Pricing looks the same at Apple.com, is that through Cingular?

Mac Sites - down for reconstruction
QUOTE Thanks
samboh

samboh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaidomac View Post
Where do you get the educational discount from? Pricing looks the same at Apple.com, is that through Cingular?
I got it from Apple. Does AT&T have conflicting prices?

I'm a university professor so, according to AT&T, I get a 6% break on the monthly.

What do you know about hidden fees?

Thanks,

Sam
QUOTE Thanks
jab119

jab119 is on a distinguished road

better look into the fine print for data transfers greater than 300K/ I think they chage out the you know what for any bits over 300K

I took this below form this site...
http://directorblue.blogspot.com/200...ine-print.html

9) International Messages Are Charged Additional Fees as Are Files Over 300Kbps.

...While it cost[s] nothing extra to send an email overseas using the Internet, AT&T has decided that all messages outside the US or larger than 300 K should cost extra:

“International messages not included. Charges for international messages sent from the U.S. are 20¢ for Text Messages and 50¢ for Picture/Video Messages. Additional charges for premium messages and content apply. Messages over 300 KBs billed an additional 50¢/message.”
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

I don't think you can apply any kind of discount the the iPhone or related plans. That was what was said when they first sold at least. Maybe if you just add the $20 iPhone data to an existing plan you can keep the existing discount on that part.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
Original Nerd

Original Nerd is on a distinguished road

There are no discounts available on rate plans if the iPhone is attached to the account. If you have an old plan and add an iPhone it will remove the discount.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPod on a MacBook running from battery | Consolidating iTunes libraries? »