New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

Getting iTunes to play unchecked songs?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ho chi feen

ho chi feen is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.16ghz late 2006; White MacBook late 2006; 160gb iPod Classic; 2nd Gen iPod Shuffle

I currently have a 30gb iPod, but have about 45gb+ in my iTunes library. I'm a big fan of syncing as opposed to manually managing my iPod content- it keeps the track and playlist data indentical, and makes things easier to manage IMO. Obviously, in order to be able to keep syncing with a library this size, I have had to uncheck many songs to keep them off the iPod. The downside of this is that they don't play in iTunes, unless I specifically select them. They get skipped in playlists, and when you click on a track on an unchecked album, it stops playing when the selected track ends. Is there any way of getting around this, and making these tracks play in iTunes? I really wish there were separate checking options- one specifically for iPod syncing, and one for iTunes content playback.

Any help/suggestions welcome.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Not as far as I know...

The only solution would be to automatically sync your iPod with a custom smart playlist instead of with your entire library. But then you'd also have to manually check all playlists you create as well...
QUOTE Thanks
dakineyj

dakineyj will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5

Just a thought, can't you make a play list with those songs and play that??
QUOTE Thanks
ho chi feen

ho chi feen is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.16ghz late 2006; White MacBook late 2006; 160gb iPod Classic; 2nd Gen iPod Shuffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptmunich View Post
Not as far as I know...

The only solution would be to automatically sync your iPod with a custom smart playlist instead of with your entire library. But then you'd also have to manually check all playlists you create as well...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakineyj View Post
Just a thought, can't you make a play list with those songs and play that??
Yes, but I would like to have all of my playlists on my iPod, even though I wouldn't have all of the songs. I would like those songs which aren't included on the iPod to play in iTunes. That's the crux of the matter.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Ipod Photo's | hard drive back up? »