Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   iPod Hardware and Accessories (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ipod-hardware-accessories/)
-   -   Can I put subtitles and convert a video for my iPod? (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ipod-hardware-accessories/69597-can-i-put-subtitles-convert-video-my-ipod.html)

Zork 07-15-2007 06:22 PM

Can I put subtitles and convert a video for my iPod?
 
I want to convert a movie to put on my iPod video. The movie is in Japanese but I don't speak Japanese. I've got a subtitle file for it but I don't know how to apply it to the movie so it will show the subtitles on iTunes and my iPod. Is this even possible? If so, can someone please tell me how to do it? Thanks!

FishinFool 07-15-2007 08:06 PM

If its on a DVD you can use Handbrake to convert it and add subtitles...

However, from your description it does not sound like its a DVD

softtack 07-15-2007 08:36 PM

How is the video encoded (codec-wise) and what is the file extension on the subtitle file?

Anything is possible, but this sounds like it's going to be time consuming.

Zork 07-15-2007 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishinFool (Post 439782)
If its on a DVD you can use Handbrake to convert it and add subtitles...

However, from your description it does not sound like its a DVD

It's not a DVD, I downloaded from demonoid.... It'a an AVI File on my HD

Zork 07-15-2007 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by softtack (Post 439802)
How is the video encoded (codec-wise) and what is the file extension on the subtitle file?

Anything is possible, but this sounds like it's going to be time consuming.

XVID AVI File
Subtitles is .SRT

coach_z 07-15-2007 10:04 PM

this is looking very close to breaking forum rule #4
-chris

schweb 07-15-2007 10:10 PM

Is this a legal movie? Or an illegal download?

I'd very, very strongly recommend all of you read the forum rules before you continue.

djames42 07-15-2007 11:00 PM

Sketchy area really, since soooo many of these movies are not available outside of Japan (although many also are if you check places like yesasia.com).

I'm going to assume that this is a legal download, and refer you to videohelp.com for instructions.

Zork 07-16-2007 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schweb (Post 439879)
Is this a legal movie? Or an illegal download?

I'd very, very strongly recommend all of you read the forum rules before you continue.

It'a a legal movie of course !


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.