New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

Anyone else wish the speaker was a whole lot louder?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Jarpo

Jarpo is on a distinguished road

The only ring that even seems remotely loud enough that I may hear it when I'm in the car or something is the "Old Phone" ring, but even that one is too quiet. Also all the alerts for voicemail and SMS just don't get my attention. Am I alone on this, or is this a pretty big problem that needs to be looked into?
QUOTE Thanks
Kulokoy

Kulokoy is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: iMac 20" C2D, 2 Gig.

Speaker needs to be louder, im on the phone using the speaker phone, while im driving, i hope Apple adjust the volume on their update.
QUOTE Thanks
kaidomac

kaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nice
Mac Specs: G4 Cube

This is the #1 complaint I've heard from iPhone users. I think every single iPhone owner I've talked to has complained about this.

Mac Sites - down for reconstruction
QUOTE Thanks
savagehenry

savagehenry will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" Powerbook G4, iPhone

Ditto... Plus if you put a silicone case on it, it makes it more difficult to feel it vibrate. I guess you could always velcro it to your neck.
QUOTE Thanks
bryphotoguy

bryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nice
Mac Specs: Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone

I just realized only one of my speakers works fully. I was walking around with one finger over the left speaker and it was really quiet. The right speaker is barely audible.
Does anyone else have that problem?
Bryan

January 2008 Member of the Month
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Isn't the right speaker the microphone?
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

If it's a microphone, then it's really not a speaker is it?

bryphotoguy, at the bottom, one is a speaker and the other is the microphone.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
bryphotoguy

bryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nice
Mac Specs: Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone

That might explain a few things. Thanks!
Bryan

January 2008 Member of the Month
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Ipod Not Linking | And you thought blending one was dumb!! »