New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

Transfering music

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

hotspur10925

hotspur10925 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White Macbook 2.16GHz 120GB 8X Double Layer Superdrive

I enabled my ipod for disk use to use it as a hard drive and plugged it into my macbook and the music folder was not there. There were the contact, notes, and some other meaningless folders but no folder having to do with the music files. Does it have to be formatted for mac to see the music files, or am i doing something wrong?
QUOTE Thanks
FishinFool

FishinFool is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac G5

No...everything is how it should be. Apple purposely hides the music files so you cannot copy music back to your computer from your ipod. To get around this just use Senuti or the numerous others apps that copy music back to a computer

Xbox Live Gamertag:tr00p3rls

WoW Account (Demon Soul-Horde): Cabøøse
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Should I buy a ipod 5.5 now, or will there be a new gen soon? | belkin clear screen overlays »