New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

How to...get some tracks off iTunes window

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

asolo

asolo will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 20" core duo 2ghz; OS-X 10.4.7; 2gbram; 256mb graphics; 250gbHD; delivered 6/14/06

Among about 2000 tunes I have about fifty customized tracks that I never pay any attention to and would like to blow off into a separate file someplace. I may want to play with them at some later date, but I don't want them cluttering up my iTunes window in the mean time.

I have them all on a separate playlist and can highlight them all but then what? Don't want to totally delete them...just archive them someplace where they will still be available but will not appear in the iTunes window.
QUOTE Thanks
FishinFool

FishinFool is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac G5

I think all you need to do is make a folder on your desktop or someplace, drag all the highlighted songs to the folder (which should duplicate them [1 in iTunes & 1 in separate folder]), and delete the ones in iTunes.

Another option is when you delete the songs click "Keep files" (or something like that). This will not move them to the trash but it will remove them from the iTunes window. The only problem with this approach is when you want to find them again it will be a hassle.

Xbox Live Gamertag:tr00p3rls

WoW Account (Demon Soul-Horde): Cabøøse
QUOTE Thanks
ste6168

ste6168 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishinFool View Post
I think all you need to do is make a folder on your desktop or someplace, drag all the highlighted songs to the folder (which should duplicate them [1 in iTunes & 1 in separate folder]), and delete the ones in iTunes.

Another option is when you delete the songs click "Keep files" (or something like that). This will not move them to the trash but it will remove them from the iTunes window. The only problem with this approach is when you want to find them again it will be a hassle.

Not exactly, he could always delete ALL of the songs from his iTunes library, but of course clicking "keep songs (option)" and then re-adding the whole folder, bringing back these few 2000 songs...
QUOTE Thanks
FishinFool

FishinFool is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac G5

Thats much more of a hassle than a simple drag and drop

Xbox Live Gamertag:tr00p3rls

WoW Account (Demon Soul-Horde): Cabøøse
QUOTE Thanks
asolo

asolo will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 20" core duo 2ghz; OS-X 10.4.7; 2gbram; 256mb graphics; 250gbHD; delivered 6/14/06

Still confused from my mucking around. However, found drag/drop to new folder (not Music or iTunes folder!) then delete from iTunes good enough. Tired of pissing with it. Have no doubt there's better/easier way but I didn't find it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« removing details from i pod | Battery Life - Are you getting more than 12hrs? »