New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

Apple plans cheaper, Nano-based phone

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kaidomac

kaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nice
Mac Specs: G4 Cube

Whoa...from MSNBC!

I don't really understand the point of this. One of the big selling points of the iPhone is that it has a big honkin' screen for you to actually SEE stuff on. If you're going to buy an iPhone Nano, why not just buy a regular phone like a Razr? The only feature I can see it having over a regular phone is an exceptional music player. I have been severely disappointed with all of the current cell phone music players available to date. Even the Chocolate is kind of crappy. Having a touchwheel on a phone would be awesome!

Mac Sites - down for reconstruction
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

The application they are talking about was submitted to the FCC in November 2006

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

If it's the one that just looks like an iPod, I don't think it'll happen. I certainly wouldn't buy it. I agree that besides the cool software features, the screen is the biggest draw. Get rid of the big screen and the internet capability, and you just have a music phone not too much different than any other. My SLVR has iPod capability, and while it isn't the best, I wouldn't change up for something that has the exact same function but lacking memory expansion like my SLVR. (I have the hack that disables the 100 song limit)

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
kaidomac

kaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nice

I really like this iPhone "Nano" concept:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ensoph/287281647/

Touchwheel right in the center!

QUOTE Thanks
MinaMACMan

MinaMACMan is a jewel in the roughMinaMACMan is a jewel in the roughMinaMACMan is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD

It does look pretty cool, but I think one of the main attractions of the iPhone at least for me, was the multitouch screen.

Still the Nano iPhone looks Sweeet
QUOTE Thanks
kaidomac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaMACMan View Post
It does look pretty cool, but I think one of the main attractions of the iPhone at least for me, was the multitouch screen.

Still the Nano iPhone looks Sweeet
Just for a basic music phone with effortless contact sync, the iPhone Nano would be great! I agree though - the multitouch screen on the current iPhone is a huge selling point for me too. Not looking forward to switching to Cingular, but I'm definitely looking forward to getting my hands on an iPhone

QUOTE Thanks
knightlie

knightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really nice
Mac Specs: Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaidomac View Post
Just for a basic music phone with effortless contact sync, the iPhone Nano would be great! I agree though - the multitouch screen on the current iPhone is a huge selling point for me too. Not looking forward to switching to Cingular, but I'm definitely looking forward to getting my hands on an iPhone
Agreed, a simple phone+iPod would be great. As flash as multi-touch is, I don't need it to make calls any more than I need it on the phone I use now. And it saves me carrying an iPod and a phone around with me.

As long as they don't tie it into one carrier like the iPhone, because they certainly won't get my money if they do.

[URL="http://beadia.net"]Beadia[/URL - Jewelry Business Management Software]
I judge you when you use poor grammar.
QUOTE Thanks
kaidomac

Rumors of second-generation Apple iPhone continue to surface

via Digitimes

QUOTE Thanks
hkbloke

hkbloke is on a distinguished road

same news re-hashed.

All iPhones news is re-hashed. Setup a Google alert and you get the same story 7 or 8 times from different sites.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How long do you think until 2nd gen. and/or price drop? | itunes not allowing syncing to pod as not authorised »