New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

Can't stay logged in to websites???

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

I was at the Apple store today playing with one, still trying to convince myself one way or the other (I dug up a bunch I stuff I can Ebay to pay for one) and decided to log on to M-F and try posting a message. The problem was every time I opened a new page I would be logged out. I asked one of the sales people and he said it'll do that with sites running javascript. I thought that would really be annoying to get logged out all the time of the many sites I log into. I'm sure it'll get fixed soon, but kind of a downer.

Anyone else having this trouble? I've noticed many people say they posted using their iPhone, but nobody has mentioned this.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
rcltrh

rcltrh will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Macbook Air, 20" iMac 2.17 Ghz 1GB

For the most part I think all sites I visit that require logins remember the password and username and auto log me in. Ebay doesn't but thats because of their new login security the only allows you to stay logged in for a certain length of time and on a single computer, so if I change to my iMac or laptop or iPhone each change requires me to log back in again. I just ran back through about 5 that I use daily and they all still logged me back in from yesterday without me doing anything special, including macforums
QUOTE Thanks
jotdess

jotdess has a spectacular aura about

Works for me. I chose the option to keep me logged on. Have closed it and opened M-F w/ no problems.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

I guess choosing the "remember me" option is the trick to getting around this problem then.

I'm just worried that if I want to check some things online like my bank account or something it does kick me out whenever I go to another page or something. Even if sites like that with sensitive info had a "remember me" option, I wouldn't want to use it.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
jotdess

jotdess has a spectacular aura about

I never check anything financial on my phone. Call me paranoid, but I work in a financial institution and always hear about how unsecure it is so I try and be cautious.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
QUOTE Thanks
Mattlike

Mattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really nice
Mac Specs: Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotdess View Post
Works for me. I chose the option to keep me logged on. Have closed it and opened M-F w/ no problems.
Same here and the other message boards I post on.
QUOTE Thanks
Jarpo

Jarpo is on a distinguished road

I have the same problem with hotmail, I always have to put in my password every time I go there on my iPhone. The only other sites I've tried were my bank, which obviously doesn't keep me logged in, and I think I was on sternfannetwork once.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 1 itunes library 2 user aco****s | backup itunes to an external HD »