New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

AT&T vs Verizon Wireless

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Sobe

Sobe will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" 2.8ghz Macbook Pro, 32GB iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jab119 View Post
like screwball said, wireless coverage is a hit or miss for any wireless company.

there are areas where home owners accosications will NOT allow cell towers because they are ugly to look at. Some other areas of cities or towns may have zoning restrictions not allowing cell towers. There may be other restrictions you may not know about that prevents wireless companies from providing coverage in certain areas.

Also inter-carrier roaming is way more common than you think.

In many cases if GSM company A has poor coverage in zone C, they will make a roaming agreement with GSM company B to provide coverage for Company A's customers in that area. It completely transparent to all customers.

same goes with the CDMA carriers.

Oh, lets say you live in New York and then travel to Chicago. you are "roaming" even though you are still on your companies network, or on the other companies system that has a roaming agreement.

QUOTE Thanks
jab119

jab119 is on a distinguished road

sorry for trying to explain what many people dont know, its obvious you know it all
QUOTE Thanks
MacNNJ

MacNNJ is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Blk MacBook 2.16 Ghz C2D, 2GB RAM, 160 GB HD OS X & iPhone 4 32GB

Quote:
I posted the below in another post, but wanted to share it here.

Everyone is griping about the iphone only being available on the AT& wireless network.

Why you ask, read below and get informed.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Apple went to Verizon Wireless first to support the iphone.

if you Google search you will find this info.

Apple and Verizon wireless had been working together for better part of a year, then Verizon Wireless told Steve Jobs to shove the iphone up his I LOVE SPARKLY DOLLIES. The demands Apple wanted were not flexible and gave Apple WAY (and I mean WAY) too much control over the device.

The Only other wireless carrier able to distribute and support the iphone was AT&T.

T-mobile, Sprint and Alltells networks are NOT nearly as good as either AT&T or Verizon. They never will be.
You dont push a high end neato gadget with the # 3 or # 4 carrier in the wireless market, Its NOT good business sense.

one of the problems AT&T had with apple was AT&T wanted to lower the price of the iphone to better appeal to the consumer as well as more attractive rate plans. Apple demanded the pricing be set to where they are today and would not budge. AT&T bowed down to Apple.

So you can thank Steve Jobs, NOT AT&T, for the cost and ALL the short falls of your over priced gadget.

yes a 3g version will be out just in time for Christmas.... suckers
But, by Verizon balking and not giving into Steve Jobs demands, they lost out, no? If you want the iPhone, you have to switch to AT&T.
QUOTE Thanks
A15P

A15P is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan828 View Post
Enjoy AT&T. After a two year contract and the worst customer service and billing problems I'd ever experience, I have to say there is no way that I would ever do business with that company again. Ever. If it means I'll never be able to get an iPhone, then so be it.
There are thousands of customer with each and every carrier who feel the exact same way. Its all about personal experience. I for one had horrible service with Verizon and have had beyond excellent service with AT&T. I am by no means saying AT&T is better, just my personal experiences have been better. Like I said you will find the same opinion about EVERY carrier.
QUOTE Thanks
MacNNJ

MacNNJ is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Blk MacBook 2.16 Ghz C2D, 2GB RAM, 160 GB HD OS X & iPhone 4 32GB

On the following chart, which data network is Verizon Wireless on and which is AT&T Wireless on:

From: http://gigaom.com/2008/03/27/coming-...n-faster-edge/
QUOTE Thanks
thejumpingflea

thejumpingflea is on a distinguished road

Quote:
sorry for trying to explain what many people dont know, its obvious you know it all
Get a life.

Seriously, who goes to message boards just to bash on people? Just leave and don't come back. Ever.
QUOTE Thanks
Waterpolo820

Waterpolo820 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejumpingflea View Post
Get a life.

Seriously, who goes to message boards just to bash on people? Just leave and don't come back. Ever.
Agreed
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPod froze | Which NEW iPod did/will you purchase? »