New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

AT&T vs Verizon Wireless

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

The only the stubbornness of Steve Jobs did was help get Steve Jobs paid! It'd be nice if he used to that power to help out his loyal customer base.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z mann R2 View Post
OWN3D!!!
That's not owning. If I said it was all a pack of lies, then that would be owning. I told him he should back of his statements with some proof and he did, kind of.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

How about everyone in this thread dial back the rhetoric a bit and start acting like mature forum members.

I'm allowing this thread to remain open for now...but if you all can't be more respectful towards each other and stop heading towards a flame war, it will be closed.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
pfb

pfb is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro

Verizon's customer service is no prize package either...

My guess is that AT&T is starting to "get it".
QUOTE Thanks
gotham

gotham is an unknown at this point

As a moderator on another forum I thank you for the warning and also allowing the thread to cool down before closing the topic. Now for us True
mac users, I have said for years I am a happy apple cult follower. and I truly look at Mac users as such we are loyal to the product because as of the recent years apple has reacted and filled most of our requests. But step back and have a open mind. Apple is a business and business is dirty. Wether or not it is true or not respect each other before anything else.
I thank the Poster I take it to be true and being a former VZ costumer which I was looking to go back to before the Iphone was said to go on AT&T network. VZ Is controling over the phones that are on there network compared to other companies. In the the NYC Area VZ is far better then AT&T but I hope that in time with the influx of new costumers they will
react and fix the areas where there network is lacking.
As for G3 in Dec LOL Now When has apple not released a updated product with in 6 months to a year of its 1st release. just look at the OS alone. my question is
will AT&T be up and running a strong g3 network.
Take a look at the coverage for G3 Network national map you
dont even see coverage which is shown in Blue I looked up NYC Area and it is lacking for anyone who lives in brooklyn, Staten Island, Bronx, Long Island, Rockland Etc. With in the NY Area thats millions of costumers with some very $$$ areas left out. I dont blame Apple Rather At&t So the phone comes out in Dec but will AT&T have there act together by then?
Attached Images
File Type: png NT_Streets_Cingular_US_n10021aps0002.wdc1.attens.com8829416078.png (186.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: gif Cing_NatlCov.gif (14.6 KB, 14 views)
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all

Yes, but the small 3G coverage area is no reason to leave it off the device. AT&T is successfully selling many 3G phones and it's not as thought they'll ONLY work in 3G areas. People in EDGE areas can still use it. I don't put this decision on AT&T considering Apple's demand for strict control over the device itself.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
gotham

gotham is an unknown at this point

Very True I forget where I read but a spokes person for AT&T said it was not put in due to the drain on the battery. who knows if this is true or not.
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

I don't think it's true. At least it's probably not significant enough to be the reason to leave 3G out. Someone on this forum mentioned when they upgraded from the 8125 (EDGE) to the 8525 (3G), which are both very very similar and use the exact same battery, he didn't notice any real loss in battery life.

QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jab119 View Post
But since Apple is working with Vodafone in Europe to offer the iphone over there it will be 3g at release. Vodafone is not to thrilled with Apple either.
T-Mobile just landed the exclusive rights to the iPhone in Germany. The deal with Vodafone is not final yet, they have many options to choose from.

Also, from what I read, it will be a 3G version that is coming to Europe.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

The scariest part about this thread is the fact that fleurya was the voice of reason...

QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

Hey thanks Baggss! That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

QUOTE Thanks
Screwball6986

Screwball6986 is on a distinguished road

Well here is the thing, the way it works is if your (enter wireless carrier name here) coverage is not good in an area there could be two things wrong, 1. No towers, or 2. (Which is most likely) A carrier has bought exclusive rights to an area, this happens a lot around here and where I go to school, I sell AT&T Verizon and sprint phones, and its funny when you overlay thier maps you will see what im talking about..

1.5 ghz 15" Powerbook G4 10.4 Tiger
MacBook White 2.0Ghz C2D 1Gig 10.4 Tiger
MacMini 1.25Ghz G4 1GB 40GB
QUOTE Thanks
RaBiDDoG

RaBiDDoG is an unknown at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan828 View Post
Enjoy AT&T. After a two year contract and the worst customer service and billing problems I'd ever experience, I have to say there is no way that I would ever do business with that company again. Ever. If it means I'll never be able to get an iPhone, then so be it.
I have had AT&T Wireless since 2002 and have not had the problems this guys has had. Maybe it is because I get what I expect from my wireless carrier, phone service and data service. I have never had a billing issue but when I was with (you all remember AirTouch?) Verizon I had bills that they could not explain to me how to read and when showing the bills to others (friends, family and people on the street) none could explain them to me either and most said that have the same problem with AirTouch bills as well. I am not sure if they have improved their billing from then till now as I have not been with them for many years but if it is still like then I would bet you must have an IQ of 190 to read the darn thing.

But anyways enough of that back to knocking AT&T since I have not had the problems this guy has had I would have to ask the question is he asking them to do something that a cell phone carrier is not able to do like shine his shoes or scrub his back? I could see an issue there if he is and if that is an add on plan then maybe I should check into it so I can see if I have the billing problems this guy has had as well. Till then IPhone here I come!
QUOTE Thanks
lwatt

lwatt is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: IPhone

Who cares if a 3G version comes out for Christmas.

I'm enjoying my iPhone right NOW.
QUOTE Thanks
Dillinger-63

Dillinger-63 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwatt View Post
Who cares if a 3G version comes out for Christmas.

I'm enjoying my iPhone right NOW.
That's the spirit!!!

My Avatar is in memory of my beloved K-9,
Dillinger who was killed in the line of duty.
QUOTE Thanks
jab119

jab119 is on a distinguished road

like screwball said, wireless coverage is a hit or miss for any wireless company.

there are areas where home owners accosications will NOT allow cell towers because they are ugly to look at. Some other areas of cities or towns may have zoning restrictions not allowing cell towers. There may be other restrictions you may not know about that prevents wireless companies from providing coverage in certain areas.

Also inter-carrier roaming is way more common than you think.

In many cases if GSM company A has poor coverage in zone C, they will make a roaming agreement with GSM company B to provide coverage for Company A's customers in that area. It completely transparent to all customers.

same goes with the CDMA carriers.

Oh, lets say you live in New York and then travel to Chicago. you are "roaming" even though you are still on your companies network, or on the other companies system that has a roaming agreement.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPod froze | Which NEW iPod did/will you purchase? »