New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

Music Fade

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Xyphos

Xyphos is on a distinguished road

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is there any way to make the music fade out at the end of a song and fade into the new one the way it does in iTunes? I love this feature in iTunes, but have yet to find a way to do it on the iPod.
QUOTE Thanks
Red Snapper

Red Snapper is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 15" Macbook Pro, 2 GBs Ram, 250gb My Book, 500gb Lacie,40gb 3rd Gen ipod,60gb ipod video

I don't believe the ipod supports gapless playback. This has long been a complaint from the ipod community.
QUOTE Thanks
Xyphos

Xyphos is on a distinguished road

Yeah i figured it would have been it is a very desirable feature.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Actually the iPod now does support gapless playback: There's no longer an audible pause between songs if you've marked an album as 'gapless' within iTunes.

What it doesn't support is 'crossfade'. That's the feature iTunes has that the OP was referring to.

Whilst it might be a nice feature, I personally prefer to turn it off in iTunes and enjoy the albums as the artist intended it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Just to let you guys know | ringtones!! »