New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

Why do you want a phone everyone is going to have?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Xyphos

Xyphos is on a distinguished road

This is one of my main deterrents from the iPhone is that everyone will have them. I love the wow factor of being able to pull out my smartphone and having people ask who makes it and saying that I got my phone in Europe and that there are probably very few people in the states that have my phone. Everyone already knows everything about the iPhone..its not going to be unique and its not going to make anyone feel special or different about having one, you will just be labeled as either an "apple fanboy" or someone with "money to burn". Just my opinion, rant over.
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

ask the same thing of mp3 players and why pople want an iPod.

(not that i want or have either)

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
Sobe

Sobe will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" 2.8ghz Macbook Pro, 32GB iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyphos View Post
This is one of my main deterrents from the iPhone is that everyone will have them. I love the wow factor of being able to pull out my smartphone and having people ask who makes it and saying that I got my phone in Europe and that there are probably very few people in the states that have my phone. Everyone already knows everything about the iPhone..its not going to be unique and its not going to make anyone feel special or different about having one, you will just be labeled as either an "apple fanboy" or someone with "money to burn". Just my opinion, rant over.
Yea, those are two things I don't mind being labeled
QUOTE Thanks
Fromasta Flex

Fromasta Flex is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone

I don't want the iphone to be cool, I want it for all of the amazing stuff it does.
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyphos View Post
Yes!!! This is exactly why I gave up driving cars, and living in a house... It's like sooo trendy, and like everyone has a car and a house. What I can't understand is why people use pillows... I mean... oh my gosh... everyone has a pillow.

Quote:
I don't want the iphone to be cool, I want it for all of the amazing stuff it does.
Exactly!
QUOTE Thanks
BeanieRobert

BeanieRobert is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro

Having a iphone will make me feel specail

I'm A Mac. And I Work Better Then A PC.
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

My first thoughts when buying something are "will it make everyone I know curious/jealous of me". Because it's really all about what everyone else thinks, after all.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
Brown Study

Brown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to all
Mac Specs: G4 Tiger and OS 9

Having an iPhone won't turn you into a groupie, because everyone is unique, just like everybody else.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Dude, are you 15? That's how old I was the last time I cared about what others thought about my purchases.

I buy things because they suit my needs, not how they make me look in front of others. If the iPhone had all the features I needed, then I would buy it, regardless of how many other people bought it. But since it doesn't, I bought myself the 8525.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
JohnnyGadget

JohnnyGadget is on a distinguished road

I just want it because I'm a gadget I LOVE LITTLE PINK DOLLIES! I may return it. I just need to get the initial "shock" out of my system.
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

I honestly thought of getting one to try out and return in a couple weeks, but I'm afraid I'd like it too much and I don't need to be dropping $600 right now! (not to mention an extra $20+ each month on my phone bill)

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
activeseven

activeseven is on a distinguished road

How many other people have it is not a factor to me. Neither are any labels people place on other people. I want the phone because it suits my needs and it suits them well.
QUOTE Thanks
RazzLee

RazzLee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Study View Post
Having an iPhone won't turn you into a groupie, because everyone is unique, just like everybody else.
+1
You're not special. Neither am I. "You are NOT a unique butterfly."
QUOTE Thanks
jotdess

jotdess has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromasta Flex View Post
Yup, that's why I want it. Plus, I need a new mp3 player so it gives me more of a reason to buy.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
QUOTE Thanks
Thorin

Thorin will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: PM G4 Dual 867, 1gb, 160gb

Even if it is super successful, only about 5% of the populace will have one (for now). I don't think that you'll see them everywhere. Not that I would care, just sayin'. Think about it, the iPod is really successful, but only about 10% of people own one. Most folks are still in the CD game. If you really need to be a unique snowflake, spray paint it red or something.

http://news.com.com/Whos+buying+iPod...3-5577396.html
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« is it possible to switch b-tween pc & mac | iTunes 7.3 available »