New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

What are you using to listen to you ipod?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

FerrisPeach

FerrisPeach is on a distinguished road

Hiii, I would like to know what are you using to listen to the audio from your ipod? Are you listening through the earphones or speaker system? What type of earphones or speaker system would you recommend? Any information will be deeply appreciated. Thank you in advance!
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

The earbuds I use are the Shure E2Cs, and they are absolutely amazing. Best earbuds I have ever owned. In fact, I destroyed my first pair by accident, and I loved them so much I went and ordered another pair.

I tend to use my iPod mainly in my car, so for that I have the Griffin iTrip FM transmitter. It's the black one that connects via the dock connector and plugs into a 12v socket in the car. This one is much better than the older style one that plugged into the headphone jack at the top.

I also sometimes connect my iPod to my Xbox360, which is connected to my home theater's surround sound system. It's always nice to use at parties

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
mathogre

mathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.

My prefered output device is the Bose QuietComfort 2 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones. I bought them for work, and I'm on my second pair. The first pair physically began to break after a few years of almost daily use.

The sound is excellent through both my shuffle and nano, and the noise cancelling works quite well. By itself, the noise cancelling is okay. That with a little music however is enough to isolate me from meetings outside my door at work and even meetings held by my officemate.

I've connected my shuffle to my car and use it that way once in a while. I've also connected my nano to my home audio system, but more for experimentation than anything. Sometimes, especially with podcasts or iTunesU courses I'll use the earbuds, but in the end I prefer to use my Bose.

Evil Math Ogre Kgh-Ra
Integrate me. Differentiate me.
You can't hurt me. I'm e^x. Ha ha ha!

Homepage | Gallery
I was on the M-F honor roll for July 2007.
QUOTE Thanks
acash0902

acash0902 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook | Black | 2.16gHz | 2gb ram | 160 HDD

i am using apple's in-ear headphones. They are great, and fit comfortably
QUOTE Thanks
walkerj

walkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nice
Mac Specs: 13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive

Sennheiser PX 100 over-ear phones (white) usually when working out with my Shuffle. Also for editing audio. They are outstanding headphones especially for the price.

Griffin RoadTrip with the full-size 5G Video transmitting on 91.5 on my Alpine CD deck in my car. It works well enough though I am no audiophile. I rarely listen to broadcast radio. This would be the majority of my iPod use; if I'm sitting at my Macbook (which is the vast majority of the time) I'll just fire up iTunes and listen from there.
QUOTE Thanks
DoubleCap

DoubleCap will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD

http://www.discountdiscs.co.uk/Merch...N-hd212pro.jpg
QUOTE Thanks
jotdess

jotdess has a spectacular aura about

I have the 1st gen nano and I use the lanyard headphones which aren't the best, but they work.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

http://www.headphone.com/products/he...hd-280-pro.php

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Up until recently I used Shure e3c's, but the right earbud has stopped working.

They're out of warranty, but I contacted Shure and they offered me an upgrade to the new Shure SE310 for €70,-.

Shure has the best customer service ever.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Yay! I just got the SE 310's... unbelievable.

They fix the only issue I had with the e3c: The bass wasn't so great (less than the shure e2) and the midranges sounded a little bit off. These sound perfect to my ears and there's so much more detail in the bass of some songs compared to the e3c.
QUOTE Thanks
yogi

yogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to all
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5, iPad, iPhone 4

Sennheise PX 200 and a 3G iPod 20GB. Wanted to buy a 5G but then this thing came along ... wazitcalled? iTalk?

If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

What about combo dock/speaker type setups.
Just got an iPod and need something for the office. Headphones won't work for me there. Have to be able to hear what is around me and am in and out of my office at least 30 times a day.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

The Logitech mm50 has a lot of bang for your buck and has an internal lithium ion battery - so it's great for moving around the house as well.
QUOTE Thanks
smurfy

smurfy can only hope to improve
Mac Specs: 20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptmunich View Post
Shure has the best customer service ever.
They shure do! </awful pun>
QUOTE Thanks
KoDorSean

KoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3

its a bit pricy but I suggest the bose sound dock.. Great sound and will rock your socks off

I was on the M-F honor roll for month : May 2007
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Gophone | Track 01,02, finder »