Specs:
    Mac Book
    iTunes Album Artwork Repeats
    I have a few anime/rare/foreign cd's and iTunes won't find the album artwork. I read in another thread that there are programs such as MP Freaker that could help with this, but I only have 5 GB of music so I can do this manually for now.

The problem:

iTunes won't find album artwork for my rare cd's. When I find the cover art for it and put it in manually, it shows up like this in iTunes:

http://bp3.blogger.com/_4c3rXiaMpKU/.../Picture+3.png

See how when I uploaded it manually, it made it look like each song was it's own album.

When iTunes finds artwork on its own, it looks like this:

http://bp2.blogger.com/_4c3rXiaMpKU/.../Picture+4.png

Is there a way for the artwork to not create the appearance of multiple, duplicate albums?

I hope my question makes sense. It's probabl an easy fix (I hope), but hard to phrase.

Thank in advance

Your question makes perfect sense as this bugs me too.

Here's how I deal with it:

1) Highlight all the songs that should be grouped into one Album and press Command + I to show a Group Get Info.

2) Usually I already have the album art sitting on my Desktop and I drag it straight to the artwork box in the Get Info window.

3) Then I enter the Album Name, Artist (if it's a compilation of different artists I leave this blank), Year, as well as any other pertinent info like Gapless Playback, EQ setting, etc.

4) Now just click OK and cross your fingers that the scattered songs will suddenly fall into line.

Sometimes, a few songs don't get ordered from this method and if you do a Get Info on the individual tracks and examine the data entered in the Info Tab, usually there's a discrepancy found there that's stopping iTunes from grouping it with the others - like in the Info Tab -> Disc Number, there might be 1 of 1 entered in the boxes solely for that song but not for the others in the group. Removing it will usually enable the song to be grouped with the others. Or it might be other data like Album Name etc.

Specs:
    ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
    im afraid i have no idea. but i would reccomend using

findmycover.com for album art work if its not on itunes

but as for the problem you are experiencing im afraid i dont know.

pulse-8 is probs your best bet.

Specs:
    Mac Book
    Thanks peeps! I'll try it today.

Specs:
    MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
    Smile
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulse-8 View Post
    Your question makes perfect sense as this bugs me too.

Here's how I deal with it:

1) Highlight all the songs that should be grouped into one Album and press Command + I to show a Group Get Info.

2) Usually I already have the album art sitting on my Desktop and I drag it straight to the artwork box in the Get Info window.

3) Then I enter the Album Name, Artist (if it's a compilation of different artists I leave this blank), Year, as well as any other pertinent info like Gapless Playback, EQ setting, etc.

4) Now just click OK and cross your fingers that the scattered songs will suddenly fall into line.
    This is what I do with those albums that just can't be found through iTunes as well. If I remember correctly there is a box to tick or drop down menu to select that says something like complitaion (if tick box - tick it, if drop down then select yes) this I find groups all my tracks as a single album. I think...

Quote Originally Posted by RNDdave View Post
    This is what I do with those albums that just can't be found through iTunes as well. If I remember correctly there is a box to tick or drop down menu to select that says something like complitaion (if tick box - tick it, if drop down then select yes) this I find groups all my tracks as a single album. I think...
    True RNDdave, I like to group all those singles under the "Compilation" option so they sit together and I just add a random icon as albart if I feel like it. This is especially helpful if in full screen mode.

Specs:
    Macbook, 2GHtz, 2Gb RAM, 320Gb HDD. 16Gb iPT Jailbroken.
    I had the same problem, but with two albums named 'Greatest Hits', i just filled in the 'Album Artist' field and 'Compilation' field and they were fine.

Also thanks for that site, i have loads of missing artwork.

Thread Information