New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iTunes Album Artwork Repeats

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

workex

workex is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Book

I have a few anime/rare/foreign cd's and iTunes won't find the album artwork. I read in another thread that there are programs such as MP Freaker that could help with this, but I only have 5 GB of music so I can do this manually for now.

The problem:

iTunes won't find album artwork for my rare cd's. When I find the cover art for it and put it in manually, it shows up like this in iTunes:

http://bp3.blogger.com/_4c3rXiaMpKU/.../Picture+3.png

See how when I uploaded it manually, it made it look like each song was it's own album.

When iTunes finds artwork on its own, it looks like this:

http://bp2.blogger.com/_4c3rXiaMpKU/.../Picture+4.png

Is there a way for the artwork to not create the appearance of multiple, duplicate albums?

I hope my question makes sense. It's probabl an easy fix (I hope), but hard to phrase.

Thank in advance
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

Your question makes perfect sense as this bugs me too.

Here's how I deal with it:

1) Highlight all the songs that should be grouped into one Album and press Command + I to show a Group Get Info.

2) Usually I already have the album art sitting on my Desktop and I drag it straight to the artwork box in the Get Info window.

3) Then I enter the Album Name, Artist (if it's a compilation of different artists I leave this blank), Year, as well as any other pertinent info like Gapless Playback, EQ setting, etc.

4) Now just click OK and cross your fingers that the scattered songs will suddenly fall into line.

Sometimes, a few songs don't get ordered from this method and if you do a Get Info on the individual tracks and examine the data entered in the Info Tab, usually there's a discrepancy found there that's stopping iTunes from grouping it with the others - like in the Info Tab -> Disc Number, there might be 1 of 1 entered in the boxes solely for that song but not for the others in the group. Removing it will usually enable the song to be grouped with the others. Or it might be other data like Album Name etc.
QUOTE Thanks
christm

christm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1

im afraid i have no idea. but i would reccomend using

findmycover.com for album art work if its not on itunes

but as for the problem you are experiencing im afraid i dont know.

pulse-8 is probs your best bet.
QUOTE Thanks
workex

workex is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Book

Thanks peeps! I'll try it today.
QUOTE Thanks
RNDdave

RNDdave is a jewel in the roughRNDdave is a jewel in the roughRNDdave is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Alu MacBook | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | iPad2 (3G)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulse-8 View Post
Your question makes perfect sense as this bugs me too.

Here's how I deal with it:

1) Highlight all the songs that should be grouped into one Album and press Command + I to show a Group Get Info.

2) Usually I already have the album art sitting on my Desktop and I drag it straight to the artwork box in the Get Info window.

3) Then I enter the Album Name, Artist (if it's a compilation of different artists I leave this blank), Year, as well as any other pertinent info like Gapless Playback, EQ setting, etc.

4) Now just click OK and cross your fingers that the scattered songs will suddenly fall into line.
This is what I do with those albums that just can't be found through iTunes as well. If I remember correctly there is a box to tick or drop down menu to select that says something like complitaion (if tick box - tick it, if drop down then select yes) this I find groups all my tracks as a single album. I think...
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNDdave View Post
This is what I do with those albums that just can't be found through iTunes as well. If I remember correctly there is a box to tick or drop down menu to select that says something like complitaion (if tick box - tick it, if drop down then select yes) this I find groups all my tracks as a single album. I think...
True RNDdave, I like to group all those singles under the "Compilation" option so they sit together and I just add a random icon as albart if I feel like it. This is especially helpful if in full screen mode.
QUOTE Thanks
Arekisu

Arekisu is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook, 2GHtz, 2Gb RAM, 320Gb HDD. 16Gb iPT Jailbroken.

I had the same problem, but with two albums named 'Greatest Hits', i just filled in the 'Album Artist' field and 'Compilation' field and they were fine.

Also thanks for that site, i have loads of missing artwork.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Back-up to Hard Drive | linex Screwed My Ipod urgently need help »