New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

Zen Xtra vs iPod

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

NightCrawler

NightCrawler is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro (early 2011) 2,2 i7, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 1 GB ATI 6750M, High-Res AntiGlare Screen

ok here goes.......

the Creative JukeBox Zen Xtra has 60GB :cool:
the Apple iPod has 40....

looks like im goins to buy a Zen....

or.... Is the iPod better???
QUOTE Thanks
TylerMoney

well, the iPod looks better...and the backlight looks a hell of a lot better...and the button system for the iPod is better...but I don't know...creative has good sound cards....I don't know about their players. plus it's not going to work as nicely with iTunes, or a music store...but it'll work over all I imagine..so really, it's up to you..I could say iPod all day, and it doesn't really matter does it?
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

I believe cnet.com has a lot of articles and reviews of mp3 players.. might want to go check what they have to say. If the creative is a high end one then they'll probably have a review and since the iPod has been the best in all reviews I have ever seen, then the review for the creative should say what is better than the ipod and what is not as good.

good luck!
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

Ok hopefully this url will work for you:

http://reviews.cnet.com/4504-6497_7-...5133&x=55&y=10

it's a small comparison and then you can read the reviews of each on that page also
QUOTE Thanks
NightCrawler

Mac Specs: MacBook Pro (early 2011) 2,2 i7, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 1 GB ATI 6750M, High-Res AntiGlare Screen

i like the way the buttons are on the zen... dont like iPods plastic girly look
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlyn
Ok hopefully this url will work for you:

http://reviews.cnet.com/4504-6497_7-...5133&x=55&y=10

it's a small comparison and then you can read the reviews of each on that page also
I think that post shows an excellent review!
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightCrawler
dont like iPods plastic girly look
First time since the iPods release that I have ever heard somebody say it has a girly look

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by trpnmonkey41
First time since the iPods release that I have ever heard somebody say it has a girly look
Maybe the pink ones... :p
QUOTE Thanks
NightCrawler

or the white ones..... dont like them...... nor do i like the iBook...... LIKE the PowerBook...... like brusehd metal................. thats why i like the Zen Xtra... METAL
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

Metal is nice, the iPod mini is irresistable I think, despite the 4 gig drive!
QUOTE Thanks
TylerMoney

I would say the iPods look very sleek and professional. Girly isn't the right word by any means...at least not for most...but people do have their opinions.

btw, the iPod also has more supported sound file types. I am also assuming that they'll eventually give us a software update to allow wma to play on the ipod. who knows....I got one, so there won't be any buying of digital music players any time soon for me.

and the battery life....it always last what I need..or has so far...plus, I think the problem more than the battery itself, is the battery indicator...I don't know how acurate it is...so the battery last a lot longer than we think...I think....but it isn't good to completely run down any lithion ion battery too much...so i have avoided it most the time. I usually go 4-6 hrs listening to it off and on. Now if I were to lets say...listen to it straight w/o pushing buttons...I'd get much more out of it.
QUOTE Thanks
NightCrawler

PRICE!!!!
in Denmark the iPod 40GB costs the same as the Zen Xtra 60GB....... and i save 750$ by bying it online
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightCrawler
PRICE!!!!
in Denmark the iPod 40GB costs the same as the Zen Xtra 60GB....... and i save 750$ by bying it online
Does Zen Xtra work with iTunes for windows?
QUOTE Thanks
NightCrawler

:p the Zen comes with Creative Media source for uploading music to it ...... used a mac once in my life....... and that was the old iMac and it was 6 years ago
QUOTE Thanks
TylerMoney

well...get the zen then...doesn't look like anything we say is going to change your mind...seems you had your mind made up before coming here. And that's ok with me....I just personally perfer the iPod....the zen just doens't appleal to me in the same way...niether does the dell juke box player thingy....
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Using iPod like a Palm | the new "iPod" ad! »