New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

About to dump 5.5 G iPod, but a few Q's...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Cassifire

Cassifire has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac Mini 1.83, iBook G3 800, iMac G3 233, Mac Classic, Apple IIc. And too many PC's to count.

I am REALLY sick of my 5.5 G iPod Video. It's been sent in 3 times, each time coming back with a defect. I no longer want it.

I am THIS close to selling it and buying a different one. I decided against a Nano (I hate those even more), And have basically decided I want a 4G 20 GB. I got one in Christmas 2004, and I'm sorry I gave it up a year ago.

Of course, I love the ability to play video's and see photo's on my iPod, which is a feature I will be giving up.

I was wondering, is there any alternitive device out there that let's me watch video's and view photo's? It doesn't have to exactly sync with iTunes or iPhoto, but that would be nice.
QUOTE Thanks
Screwball6986

Screwball6986 is on a distinguished road

What exactly are the problems your having with your iPod?

1.5 ghz 15" Powerbook G4 10.4 Tiger
MacBook White 2.0Ghz C2D 1Gig 10.4 Tiger
MacMini 1.25Ghz G4 1GB 40GB
QUOTE Thanks
cybereclipse

cybereclipse is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iBook G3/iPod Video

you could always go with a creative player...or maybe a zune.
QUOTE Thanks
KoDorSean

KoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassifire View Post
I am REALLY sick of my 5.5 G iPod Video. It's been sent in 3 times, each time coming back with a defect. I no longer want it.

I am THIS close to selling it and buying a different one. I decided against a Nano (I hate those even more), And have basically decided I want a 4G 20 GB. I got one in Christmas 2004, and I'm sorry I gave it up a year ago.

Of course, I love the ability to play video's and see photo's on my iPod, which is a feature I will be giving up.

I was wondering, is there any alternitive device out there that let's me watch video's and view photo's? It doesn't have to exactly sync with iTunes or iPhoto, but that would be nice.
is it possible you got a bad duck? buy another ipod video. I doubt you would have the same issues..

I was on the M-F honor roll for month : May 2007
QUOTE Thanks
Cassifire

Cassifire has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac Mini 1.83, iBook G3 800, iMac G3 233, Mac Classic, Apple IIc. And too many PC's to count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwball6986 View Post
What exactly are the problems your having with your iPod?
I opened it with a cracked LCD, sent it in, they didn't even bother to fix it, they just sent me a new one. Second time, loose headphone jack, wouldn't output sound. Sent it in, they "fixed it". Came back, but with a NASTY dent in the back of it. Sent it in, they gave me a new one. NOW, it doesn't play anything at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoDorSean View Post
is it possible you got a bad duck? buy another ipod video. I doubt you would have the same issues..
^^, two in a row is unliklely. I know if they sent me another one, it probably wouldn't have any problems, but I'm now just sick of Video iPods all together.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iTunes Controller Question | Run Music Library On External Drive »