New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

Sync Mac with iPod

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

amagab

amagab is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook, iMac, Xserve, iPod, unlocked iPhone

How does the sync work between a Mac and the iPod? I've never had the need for an iPod since I put most music I listen to on my cell phone. However, since I have all my music in iTunes and all my pictures in iPhoto I am thinking of using an iPod as a backup hard drive for this media.

What I'd like to do is when I add music on my Mac I want to be able to sync it with the iPod and vice versa, so I always have the same data on the Mac and the iPod.

Is that possible?

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Thats what it does by default. You plug it in and it replicates your iTunes and iPhoto libraries onto your iPod

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
amagab

Does it work the other way around as well? Let's say I add music or images to my iPod from another computer. Does it transfer that automatically to my Mac when I sync it?

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Yes. With iTunes 7.1.1 it will synch music back to your Mac from the iPod.

QUOTE Thanks
amagab

Thanks! That's all I needed to know. I guess I'll be heading out to buy the 80gb black iPod now. :-)
QUOTE Thanks
amagab

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss View Post
Yes. With iTunes 7.1.1 it will synch music back to your Mac from the iPod.
How do I do that? I got my iPod and synced it with one of my Macs but now the darn thing won't sync back?

Why can't I sync my iPod with two different Macs?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Burning With Itunes | Ipod Lock »