New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

'my rating' tag in itunes 7

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

nick_harambee

nick_harambee is on a distinguished road

hi

could someone please tell me whether the 'my rating' field in itunes gets stored as a tag in files (i am particularly interested in apple lossless format). i am used to working on a PC where ratings do get stored as a tag, but all of the tag editor programs on the Mac that i have come across do not have a section for rating, and when i convert format outside of itunes the ratings are not picked up when i re-import into itunes. i want ratings i apply in itunes to be recognizable in other applications, such as Traktor DJ Studio, so i am interested in how this works.

thanks

nick
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

The information is stored in your iTunes Database file

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
nick_harambee

nick_harambee is on a distinguished road

so if i lose my itunes library/application for some reason then all of the rating information gets lost? this doesn't seem like a good set up - is there any way to get the rating information added as a tag, even if it involves using another application. i would like this for 2 reasons:

(i) as a precautionary measure against losing rating information
(ii) so that other applications, such as traktor dj studio can access the rating information for each track as it would other tags,

thanks

nick.
QUOTE Thanks
christm

christm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1

you could just back up your whole itunes library or just the database file.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Question about making a Photo DVD show | loading videos to iPod Video »