New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod not accepting iTunes purchases/won't let me restore

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

trellame

trellame is on a distinguished road

I just realized that my iPod hasn't let me drag in any iTunes-purchased music or videos.

It says some items were not copied to the iPod. Check to see that my iPod software is up to date.

But the grey-shaded area in my iTunes/iPod Settings section is always greyed back, and says my software is up to date. I have the latest versions of software for both iTunes and iPod, and I can't restore my iPod b/c the button is greyed back. The only time I can restore it is if I plug it in at work and wipe it clean.

Can anyone tell me why my music and movies purchased on iTunes won't copy into my iPod? I've already been to the Genius Bar... they don't know.

Thank you!
QUOTE Thanks
KoDorSean

KoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3

this should help

"iPod does not play content purchased from the iTunes Store"

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=303854

I was on the M-F honor roll for month : May 2007
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

G'day trellame & welcome to Mac-Forums!

Can't say why you're having this problem but why not try Senuti (iTunes backwards FYI) or another iPod utility that allows you to drag'n'drop to and from your iPod?
QUOTE Thanks
KoDorSean

KoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3

Pulse-8 as always has a great suggestion. Senuti will also pull video from your ipod and transfer it onto your computer.

I was on the M-F honor roll for month : May 2007
QUOTE Thanks
trellame

Thank you both, I will try these with my home computer and let you know if they worked!
QUOTE Thanks
trellame

before I could even try Senuti, the next time I plugged my iPod into my computer and fired up iTunes, it wiped my iPod clean. And won't let me add any music to it at all. So frustrating...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Convert an AIF to a Mp3 | Verizon L@@k »