Specs:
    27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
    My headphones shocked me!
    Not in a good way. I got a new shuffle a couple weeks ago. I notice when I walk around I get a kind of bumping/popping noise through the earphones and just thought it was from the movement, but I've never heard it in other earphones.

Then the other day I was jogging and getting the same thing, only this time I heard a big cracking noise and felt a pop or shock in my ear. I immediately ripped them out and haven't used them again.

Has anyone else had this problem? Do you think the Apple store will give me some new earphones?

Specs:
    2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
    I wear fleece pullover coats/jackets and If I take it off before I take out my earbuds I get shocked.. It has happend about 5 times and it hurts a bit but I just try to take the jacked off first.

I was on the M-F honor roll for month : May 2007

Specs:
    13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
    I have had this with my ipod headphones
    It depends how loud you have them, they are designed to be used at around 80% max volume

Specs:
    See Signature
    Same, when I take my coat off before my headphones I get the same shocck. Also because I'm tall and my knees make contact wit the seat in front of me or the barrier near the doors, if the person ahead of me starts moving around alot that can create static electricity n my ipod earbuds transmit right into my ears! Maybe thats not a flaw in the headphones and just the fact that no one considers a 6'4 guy when designing anythin....

Specs:
    27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
    I think I'm going to take them back for new just in case. I was just jogging on a tredmill with them and not making contact with anything. I didn't have the volume extremely high and have had it much higher.

Specs:
    i dont have no mac's
    that is static electricity generated from your body....and when you are on the treadmill your shoes are coming in contact with things, your gym shorts are most likely creating a lot of static as well....it travels up through the headphones and gets rid of the charge in y our year because part of the earbuds are metal and your ears are a little wet creating the perfect place for electricity to travel through.

and yes it hurts like all **** sometimes....always happens to me when im in the bathroom taking off my sweatshirt....nothing is funnier than hearing some dude scream and swear in a stall
    -chris
    MoTM honor roll...
    when?
    i dont remember

Specs:
    PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
    That never happened to me. I could imagine how that could feel though.

Specs:
    MacBook white, 2.0 Intel Core 2 Duo Pro, 2 GB RAM, 13" screen
    This happens to me, too and I was about to ask about it, but found this thread first. What's up with this, is there some way to avoid this? I don't want to use my earbuds!
    Becky
    Web & Graphic Designer, LLL Leader, teacher (in my previous life; pre-kids) and Mama to my two daughters (who think the Apple booty is theirs)

Specs:
    iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
    Haha,

I have never had this happen to me, but I just find this funny. Because now I'm going to be expecting it, and... when I'm not expecting it, it'll happen. I cant imagine the look people make when they get shocked in the ears... wow!

Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
    I think I'm going to take them back for new just in case. I was just jogging on a tredmill with them and not making contact with anything. I didn't have the volume extremely high and have had it much higher.
    Well if your alone (or whoever your with doesn't mind) you could just put your computer near your treadmill and use the remote for music.

Specs:
    iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
    i was playin in the pit orchestra of les mis at my school, and all of a sudden the light on my stand went out. i ran over to the socket and tried to pull the thing out, and recieved quite a shock on my hand. i let out an "aww shhh*t!"...which could be heard quite loudly over little cosette's tiny voice....quite embarrassing...nothing to do with headphones....
    iMac Aluminum 20" 2.4 ghz 2gb RAM 300gb HD
    iMac 20" Core2duo 2gb 250gb
    Macbook White Core2duo 2gb 80gb
    Powermac G4 dual 450

Specs:
    Mac Mini 1.83, iBook G3 800, iMac G3 233, Mac Classic, Apple IIc. And too many PC's to count.
    It hurts, it's happened to me once or twice. You just have to be thinking.

Thread Information