New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

Ipod Nano Flaw

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MakingT

MakingT is on a distinguished road

Hello People.

Here is my problem. Just few days ago my Ipod Nano (First edtition bought a week after it came out) disaplay got cracked. No idea why. No sign of outsode trama exsept the usual scracys. Send my local apple serves an email about it and all i got was this Ipods warrenty has expired (Apple Store In Iceland. Looked for any info on Apple.com to send my info to but could not find any. And the ipod is bought in USA). What I was wondering was .. Apple has offically admitted to this flaw?? Shouldnīt it be covered though the warrenty is out? I canīt control when this flaw appears on my ipod ?? :/ What should I do? How can I connect at Apple in USA for help?

:bone: :bomb:
QUOTE Thanks
KoDorSean

KoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3

Contacting Apple Support and Service

http://www.apple.com/support/contact/

I was on the M-F honor roll for month : May 2007
QUOTE Thanks
MakingT

tried that but I cant find just a simple way to contact them just by email... theres just endless loops there...
QUOTE Thanks
mikeyman

mikeyman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone

THis is a known problem with a lot of the 1st gen ipod nano's
unless you took out a 3 year warrenty apple are not obligated to fix it and i believe they will advise you to buy a refurbished ipod.

QUOTE Thanks
KoDorSean

KoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakingT View Post
tried that but I cant find just a simple way to contact them just by email... theres just endless loops there...
can you call them? 1800-my-apple

I was on the M-F honor roll for month : May 2007
QUOTE Thanks
MakingT

well I could try but it will cost me fortune... so I might just buy a new one :/:/ but theres no way to just send them email about it :p
QUOTE Thanks
karudzo

karudzo has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM

You could sell your old one on Ebay as is and use the proceeds to go towards your new one. There's quite a market for broken iPods- people want them for the parts.
QUOTE Thanks
mikeyman

mikeyman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by karudzo View Post
You could sell your old one on Ebay as is and use the proceeds to go towards your new one. There's quite a market for broken iPods- people want them for the parts.
I dont understand the market for broken products... is it there hobbey to fix items like this?
I guess if you can mend it you make quite a mint :bone:

QUOTE Thanks
karudzo

karudzo has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM

Quite a profitable hobby and in some cases a business. Not too difficult to fix, very profitable.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Two HD's for iTunes?? possible? | help : Ipod and D-Link 7 Port hub »