New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

PLEASE HELP! sounds of music on my iTunes gone different

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

vesh

vesh is on a distinguished road

Hi. Newbie here.

2 nights ago (Australian time) songs in my iTunes all of a sudden without any warning started sounding different, like alot of beats and background vocals can't be heard or barely heard at all, some songs sound totally different. I went on the support site and it said make sure it's upgraded to at least version 7, mine was still version 6.something so I upgraded to the latest version, and still the same thing, the problem wasn't fixed.

I did not change any of the settings before the sound became different, didn't change any equalizer stuff or nothing, it just happened without warning.

A few hours ago after going back to that support site, checking all the settings and they were correct, then the sound was fine again, but wasn't long before without warning again it went back to the way it was.

Howcome it's doing this, and how can I fix this? As I said I didn't edit any of the settings or the equalizer or nothing, the sounds in the songs changed by itself randomly

Thanks, sorry for the long story but I'd thought to write everything down about my iTunes sound problem
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

maybe you should try using a different player to just see if it's the player, the files, or your system.

try something basic like audacity.
if it sounds the same, it could be the files or the system, not itunes.

you could also try burning a couple files to a disk, and playing them on a boombox or in your car. if they sound bad still, then it has to be the files (but i wouldn't bet on it).

a few other questions:
is this on a desktop or laptop? are you using external speakers? do all audio files, even those from the web or via a cd in your drive sound funky too?

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
vesh

Got a desktop computer

I opened a song with windows media player (I use window, just searched for itunes forums and found here) and it sounded exactly the same as it now does with iTunes

I don't get it, it was all fine till the other night when all of a sudden sounds in each song are different, or not even able to be heard

I'm scared, I want this fixed!!
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

what about the other questions?

also, try reseating the connector to your speakers, or try another set of speakers or a pair of headphones.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
vesh

I dunno if my speakers are external, I don't even know what that means lol, sorry I'm a newbie to everything.
Could it be due to viruses maybe? Coz my comp got some and I'm starting to notice random unwanted pop ups now
QUOTE Thanks
rogueace

rogueace is on a distinguished road

It really sounds like a problem with the equalizer, have you at least checked it?
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

We need your computers specs and Eric suggest you download another media player...this is very good troubleshooting advice. Discerning whether or not a different media player solves the problem will help us sort this out.

Have you tried inserting an Audio CD into the drive and playing it through iTunes to see how it's sounding?
QUOTE Thanks
vesh

Hmmm, I didn't do anything and all the songs sound alright now, strange. Hopefully it stays this way
QUOTE Thanks
eric

did you reboot or shut it down and later start it up?

also, if you have external speakers (speakers that are not inside the main body of the computer) that are conencted by a wire, you may want to check to make sure the wires didn't work themselves loose. so if you do have wire connected ones, check all the connections from one to the other, and to the computer itself. if any are a bit loose, just make sure to snug them up. that should prevent it from happening intermittantly if that was your issue.

is this an imac? you didn't even say if you were running a mac... is it a windows desktop?

QUOTE Thanks
vesh

Oh, well not external then. I already mentioned I use windows didn't I??

I didn't reboot my computer or anything, 1 second was sounding different still, next second it was fixed, pretty random lol

Seems to be working alright now, if it happens again I'll come back here. Sorry, when I said "newbie here" I actually didn't mean a newbie to the forum, I ment a newbie to everything haha I mean I don't even know what external ment lol
QUOTE Thanks
eric

so its a windows desktop with no external speakers? where are the speakers? are you just using the one little tinny one in the "box"?

does what you have look sort of like this:

with "cpu", monitor, keyboard, mouse?

and you're saying you don't have something like this:

i'm just trying to figure this out, cause it's intriguing me...

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« So who's going to be the first? | Backup iTunes to an External HDD »