Peripheral I-tunes problems
    Hi, I downloaded the new Itunes onto my aged Imac without really thinking about it, and it has knackered me a bit! I had, due to a lack of space, moved my Itunes to a peripheral hard drive, and the new I-tunes won't recognise the library. Is there any way of sorting this out bar reformatting the periph,and reloading all my cd's? then moving the I-tunes over to the periph again? Feel such a twat. Any help very gratefully recieved!

Specs:
    imac G5, ipod Vid 30GB
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinger View Post
    Hi, I downloaded the new Itunes onto my aged Imac without really thinking about it, and it has knackered me a bit! I had, due to a lack of space, moved my Itunes to a peripheral hard drive, and the new I-tunes won't recognise the library. Is there any way of sorting this out bar reformatting the periph,and reloading all my cd's? then moving the I-tunes over to the periph again? Feel such a twat. Any help very gratefully recieved!
    Itunes 7 should be able to recognise music imported from itunes 6 and earlier versions. One thing may be the source of the music files that you have on your computer, for example, if you have purchased music online from a source other then the itunes music store, then itunes 7 may not recognise these files. I have had similar issues, which is annoying. Although I find that if you manually locate the files on your hard drive then itunes 7 will be able to play them. If the files are imported from CD however, then itunes should be able to recognise them and I am not sure what other problems could be...

Thread Information