New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iWow iTunes plugin - How do I remove it

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

freakout

This stupid thing keeps popping up telling me to register since my "demo" ran out. How can I just get rid of the darn thing? neye:

I don't even remember downloading it!
QUOTE Thanks
surfwax95

surfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs

If you have Tiger, run a Spotlight search for it and delete it.

I try to Command+Shift+/ when I can.
They're - Their - There | Two - Too - To | You're - Your | MAC - Mac
I was on the M-F honor roll for October, 2006.
QUOTE Thanks
freakout

It found 3 results, and 1 is an installer. I can't drag it to the trash and I can't right click. When I click on any of the results (excluding the installer) it just opens iTunes.
QUOTE Thanks
surfwax95

surfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs

Most of the time, plug-ins like this will be removed if you run the installer again, so try that.

I try to Command+Shift+/ when I can.
They're - Their - There | Two - Too - To | You're - Your | MAC - Mac
I was on the M-F honor roll for October, 2006.
QUOTE Thanks
freakout

I ran it again, it said "please retry the installation" once it finished. Nothing was removed.
QUOTE Thanks
puaerotch

puaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: iBook G4 OSX Tiger

Give Appzapper a try. It should allow you to select the plugin, then it will bring up the files associated with it. It is shareware, however it will give you 5 free "zaps" so you should be able to solve your problem without having to register.
QUOTE Thanks
wheelguy

wheelguy will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro

Go back to the SRS web site and download the program again, there is an uninstaller included in the DMG file.

If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you will be fired with enthusiasm. -Vince Lombardi
QUOTE Thanks
freakout

I tried Appzapper but it didn't show up anywhere. I did what wheelguy said and it there was infact an uninstall thing, so thank you wheelguy! It worked.
QUOTE Thanks
pcarlin

pcarlin is on a distinguished road

Go to:

Library/Audio/HAL/Plug-Ins
QUOTE Thanks
n2dy2k

n2dy2k is on a distinguished road

How to uninstall the iWOW trial or Premium
We have included the uninstall file in the installer package for the iWOW. If you have already deleted the package:

For iWOW Premium for PC users: You should go the Start Menu>Control Panel>Add Remove Programs, then double-click “SRS iWOW for PC” and remove it from there.

For iWOW Premium for Mac users: iWOW for Mac can also be uninstalled by going to the Applications/SRS Labs/iWOW folder and choosing the ‘uninstall’ file from there.

For iWOW 2 users: iWOW 2.0 can also be uninstalled now by going to the Applications/SRS Labs/iWOW folder and choosing the ‘uninstall’ file from there.

For iWOW 1.1 users: you can simply download it from the link below and run the 'uninstall' file from there.
http://downloads.srs-store.com/SRS%2...1_1_12_255.dmg

If this does not work, you can manually uninstall iWOW by going to the folder /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/ and deleting the iWOW file from there.

For iWOW 1.0 users: You can manually uninstall iWOW by going to the folder /Library/iTunes/iTunes Plug-ins/ and deleting the iWOW file there.

I hope this post helps... : )
QUOTE Thanks
raildog50

raildog50 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 24" (early 2008), 4 GB RAM; Power Mac G5 Dual 1.8 GHz, 3 GB RAM

I got ripped off by SRS Labs...I downloaded latest version of their iWow plugin for iTunes...tried entering the registration number exactly as it appeared on the e-mail reply I got from SRS Lab. "Incorrect Registration Number" or something to that effect is what I got in red letters. Huh?

OK fine. Now I am having problems getting rid of the SRS Labs iWow plug in for iTunes too. Every time I open iTunes I get a dialog from iWow plug in..."Demo Period Is Over" or something like that. OK fine. I can no longer use it. Now please tell me how to get rid of it.

iMac 24" (early 2008) running Leopard 10.5.6, iTunes 8.1
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 16GB 4G Nano Resetting After Songs End | iPod Video 30g »