New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

Blank Libary

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

vodkagirl001

vodkagirl001 is on a distinguished road

ok so I tried a search but couldnt find the answer and I only have 2 hours before I have to leave for the airport and need to sort my pod out with some updated tunes quick!!

Right I had my pod hooked up to my old windows laptop, and had all my songs on itunes on there. I have since bought a Mac and sold my laptop to the folks and completley forgot about my itunes songs being on there and when they asked if they could wipe it and restore it I said go ahead, when I realised it was to late. Never mind I thought, I figured I could import the songs from my pod to my new empty libary on my new mac.

I am connecting my pod to my mac and i am getting a message in Itunes saying there is an update available for my ipod (so at this point its recognising it) but then it states there is only a restore available to factory setting which I so far have not done as dont want to wipe all my songs still currently on my pod. when I select cancel my pod is not being recognised on the left hand side of itunes so even if is not possible to import existing songs from my pod to itunes, i can not even upload new CD's to tunes and then update my pod as its not recognising its connected.

Can anyone help?
QUOTE Thanks
vodkagirl001

disconnected the pod, rebooted the mac, and started again and its working fine
QUOTE Thanks
vodkagirl001

ok so its showing the pod, but when I have bought 3 songs from itunes, and tried to put them on the pod it states this is not allowed as they are not authorised to ''play on this computer''

HELP
QUOTE Thanks
Mattlike

Mattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really nice
Mac Specs: Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by vodkagirl001
ok so its showing the pod, but when I have bought 3 songs from itunes, and tried to put them on the pod it states this is not allowed as they are not authorised to ''play on this computer''

HELP
ProtectedAAC audio files not sure about saving

See if the responses in this thread help you.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iTunes and Ripping Music | iPod Scratched »