Ipod 4th generation error 1418
    So a friend of mine gave me her ipod because she couldn't get it to work for weeks. I feel that her windows computer is ultra slow (perhaps due to a virus or a few) so i brought it to my ibook and when i restore it sometimes it works but then corrupts when ejected or just simply does not restore and presents the error 1418. What's the deal/where can i go from here? Thanks in advance!!

Not sure I quite understand the issue. What exactly are you doing and what exactly is happening? Have you tried restoring the ipod? This will usually fix most of the problems.
    DJ Lee

Watts Up Productions
    www.wattsupproductions.com

Quote Originally Posted by djlee12
    Not sure I quite understand the issue. What exactly are you doing and what exactly is happening? Have you tried restoring the ipod? This will usually fix most of the problems.
    when i click restore in itunes 7 it says that it cannot complete the restoration because the iPod is corrupted and it gives the error number.

Specs:
    Macbook Air, 20" iMac 2.17 Ghz 1GB
    Put it in disk mode, then run disk utility in your applications/utilities folder. First run the verify disk function first to see if it finds anything wrong. Whether it does or not, next run the erase function, then run the restore function from iTunes on it again and see if that fixes it, if not do it again but run the partition function and have it delete the partition first, then recreate it, then erase it again, then try the restore. I have seen some stubborn iPod disk models respond to this scenario. That error and behavior indicates a hard-disk problem in the iPod.

macdaddy007
    Ummmmm.....
    How exactly do you run disk utility in the applications/utilities folder???I don't understand...:-(.

Quote Originally Posted by rcltrh
    Put it in disk mode, then run disk utility in your applications/utilities folder. First run the verify disk function first to see if it finds anything wrong. Whether it does or not, next run the erase function, then run the restore function from iTunes on it again and see if that fixes it, if not do it again but run the partition function and have it delete the partition first, then recreate it, then erase it again, then try the restore. I have seen some stubborn iPod disk models respond to this scenario. That error and behavior indicates a hard-disk problem in the iPod.

Thread Information