New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

Artwork fetch needs more.......

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

farmcock

farmcock has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I was hoping Apple's fetch artwork solution was going to be a little more involved. It looks like it simply copies all the widgets that are out there and searches based on Album name.
I have a lot of MP3's with little information other that song name,artist name and the length of the song. i was really hoping Apple could do something like they do to fetch info on ripped CD's by analysing the size of the song file in combination with name and artist to search Gracenote for the correct Art and Album.
Without Album name there won't be any artwork for the song. Another solution would have been to load a collage of Artist artwork based on Artist name rather than simply leave it blank.
QUOTE Thanks
cazabam

cazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD

My biggest problem with the artwork fetch is that 2/3rds of my iTunes library has a blank 'dunno' graphic. If you can't buy your preferred musical flavour from the iTunes store then you'll get no album art unless you supply your own
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

I recently installed a widget simply called 'Album Art' and whenever I'm playing songs in iTunes and I bring the widgets to the forefront (F12) if the alb art is available it is displayed in the widget and there's an option to add the art to just the current song or to all songs from that album...it's great and has saved me so much time looking for the art myself....

Just thinkin' I'd like to put it to the test with some obscure song....haven't tried that yet!
QUOTE Thanks
farmcock

farmcock has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulse-8
I recently installed a widget simply called 'Album Art' and whenever I'm playing songs in iTunes and I bring the widgets to the forefront (F12) if the alb art is available it is displayed in the widget and there's an option to add the art to just the current song or to all songs from that album...it's great and has saved me so much time looking for the art myself....

Just thinkin' I'd like to put it to the test with some obscure song....haven't tried that yet!
but my problem is that i have quite a bit of downloaded songs with no album name. I will just have to manually add the album name i suppose, that is if I can locate the proper album since some artists release a song on multiple albums or multiple versions. The Album name is the key to finding the artwork - whether on iTunes or Amazon or whatever.
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmcock
but my problem is that i have quite a bit of downloaded songs with no album name. I will just have to manually add the album name i suppose, that is if I can locate the proper album since some artists release a song on multiple albums or multiple versions. The Album name is the key to finding the artwork - whether on iTunes or Amazon or whatever.
That was my problem too....had to manually edit hundreds of songs....good ol' copy'n'paste came in handy...just did a batch at a time.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Convert Windows iPod to Mac? | Downloaded a movie last night from iTMS.. »