New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

itunes not reading mp3 cds

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

psycht

psycht is an unknown at this point

I'm asking this question on behalf of a friend:

She has a powerbook g4, a new ipod video and the latest version of itunes.

When she inserts a CD that has a backup of her mp3's it appears to eject the cd right away as if it "rejects" the CD. Granted these are custom burned cd's, but the data on them is legit.

I know this isn't much to go on, before the new ipod and itunes update, she's been able to do this before (and she's been a Mac user for years).

Any thing I can have her try, or specific questions I should ask to better determine the problem?

much thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

she can check out system preferences/cds & dvds and have a function with it. Or import the songs with another application found on VersionTracker
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I could be wrong but it sounds like the Drive is not able to read the CD so is spitting it out.
QUOTE Thanks
MacMania55

MacMania55 is a jewel in the roughMacMania55 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb

I agree I think you should have her take the computer to an apple store. Did she burn the disc on that computer?

MacMania55
QUOTE Thanks
yogi

yogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to all
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5, iPad, iPhone 4

Do other burnt (burned?) discs of the same make with other data work? Look for scratches. Put it in another computer (preferably a mac).

If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPod and iHome woes | Transfer ipod library to new MacBook Pro Itunes »