New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

Ipod's breaking down

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jsteid

If have about 3 ipods over the years and every single one has eventually stopped working on me. The first, understandably, had the battery die. But my second two, same model the 30g ipod had to get one replaced, simply stopped working. I would try to turn it on and would simply hear a faint spinning and clicking sound and my computer would not recognize it. I was fairly gentle with them but could i simply have banged the hard drive inside around too much??
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

What Generation of iPods were these?

If the battery died, why didn't you just replace it? I've done several, it's not rocket science or anything...

QUOTE Thanks
jsteid

I started with a 1st gen and when the battery died I went for a 3rd gen. instead of replacing the battery. I've gone through 2 30g 3rd generation Ipod's, both dying one me
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

The Gen 3 had lots of problems with the batteries and hard drives and have been considered the least reliable of all iPod models. If the HDDs died, you could have replaced them for less than the cost of a new one.

QUOTE Thanks
jsteid

Are the new ipod videos worth the $300 price tag?
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

I've been happy with mine. Go take a gander at the iLounge Forums for more info.

QUOTE Thanks
Matthew_love84

Matthew_love84 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" G4 Powerbook, 1.33/1g/80g

are the 30g video ipod's 3rd gen?
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

No, the current crop of full sized iPods are Gen 5s....

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« What i just saw on the news. | Another PC to Mac Post... »