Thread: iTunes problems

iTunes problems
    Sorry for the long post, but any help would be appreciated... I'm running 10.4.7, by the way...

Okay... so I was just surfing the internet earlier today and my iBook froze. I couldn't even open the force quit menu. Before this happened, iTunes kept opening itself, which it did before, so I didn't think anything of it (although I have no idea why it happens...) Anyway, I held down the power button to turn it off, turned it back on, and I couldn't log into my profile. It would load a few things and just sit there, and then when everything did load, it would just log me out... it did this 3 or 4 times. I could log onto the other "guest" profile, so I did, I created a new profile for myself and deleted my old one. I tried to keep my files, but for whatever reason, It errored when I tried to do this, so I just decided to do the "delete immediately" option. That worked fine, except now I don't have any of my music, even though I had it in the "music" folder that could be reached by both profiles.

When I log into my newly-created profile, I tried to open iTunes, but it would always "unexpectedly quit". It did this when I tried to log into the guest profile, too. I deleted iTunes and downloaded it from the site. When I go to install it, the installer will not allow me to select any packages (or whatever they are called). When I click install, it says, "You cannot continue. There is nothing to install."

So there is my story. Again, sorry for the length, but I would really like to get this working, as it is very annoying. Thanks.

27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 10.10.2 -64Gb iPad 2-64 Gb iPhone 6+-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage
    Look for, via Spotlight, and delete the following files:
    iTunes Music Library.xml

iTunes should open find once you ditch those. You'll have to add all you music to the Library again though.

Neither of those files are there. I deleted iTunes completely.

Thread Information