New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iTunes importing issue

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Qslim

Qslim is on a distinguished road

Finally decided to switch from PC and got my new Macbook the other day. It rocks. Should have done it sooner.

I'm putting all my files on this puppy, but I'm having problems importing a few CDs into iTunes. It just freezes up and I can hear the superdrive speed cycling up and down. I gave it a good while but it just sat there. I eventually had to force quit as I couldn't access any menu option. The CDs in question aren't new, but I tried them in my home stereo and desktop pc and they play fine. If it was a read issue I figure I would get some sort of error message stating as such instead of the program freezing, but what do I know. Any ideas? Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
mac57

mac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM

This isn't a solution, but rather a workaround. If you still have your old PC lying around, rip the CDs to MP3 on the PC. Then transfer the files to your Mac and import them into iTunes. This assumes that your PC can still read these CDs. If TWO computers fail to read the CDs, then you have damaged CDs and a really good CD player in your home stereo!

My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Ipod nano wont turn off | Ipod mini dock with Nano? »