New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

deleting multiple files

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

DCraver

DCraver is a jewel in the roughDCraver is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac G5

my itms library has more than one copy of the song. is there any easier way to delete it than maunally deleting it though "Show Duplicate Files"? there is like 8 GBs of duplicate files.
QUOTE Thanks
TBoblp

TBoblp is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac, 15" Powerbook G4 (sold), 20GB iPod (nearing death)

There isn't a way to do it automatically, but I found if it's pretty consistant you can just use command click every other song and eventually youll get fast at it. Just do it a little bit each time youre just bored listening to music and itll be gone soo enough.

Out of curiosity, how the **** did you manage to duplicate 8GB worth of songs? I think at the most I accidentally put 10-15 albums worth when restoring songs from my ipod.

Jazz is life

"Master your instrument, master the music, and then forget all that **** and just play.
-Charlie Parker
QUOTE Thanks
DCraver

DCraver is a jewel in the roughDCraver is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBoblp
There isn't a way to do it automatically, but I found if it's pretty consistant you can just use command click every other song and eventually youll get fast at it. Just do it a little bit each time youre just bored listening to music and itll be gone soo enough.
Yeah I've been doing that. I am just too lazy.

Quote:
Out of curiosity, how the **** did you manage to duplicate 8GB worth of songs? I think at the most I accidentally put 10-15 albums worth when restoring songs from my ipod.
Well, I extracted my friend's iPod songs through Senuti as well as my Dad's iPod and when I added the Music folder, it re-added all the songs I already have in my iTMS library again.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Dupe Videos in iTunes: How to Clear? | new iPod has no firewire support at all?? »