Specs:
    MBP OS10.9.3 Intel core i7 8GB 1333 MHZ DDR3 iPhone 4 30GB ipod 160 Gb iPod
    iPod not a device
    My iPod doesn't show up as a device in iTunes. Running Mavericks on a MacBook Pro.

Specs:
    MBP 13" (2013); 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.11.4
    Hello - please provide some additional information: 1) What iPod & MBPro do you own; 2) What Mavericks version in installed; 3) What iTunes version are you using; and 4) Has the iPod synced previously to this computer, and if so, have you recently updated the OS, iOS, or iTunes? Might help the members respond more specifically. Also, check this Apple Support Article for other suggestions. Dave

Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    Did you just connect it and it wasn't there ?? Try closing down iTunes then connect iPod and then open up iTunes and see if its available.
    Is the Cable you have a working one ?? They are fragile pieces of wire (I've just bought 2 more Lightening Connector cables, because both mine stopped charging), so make sure that works as well. A little bit of fault finding goes a long way, and on top of what Dave above has posted, tell us what you have tried already to root the problem out.
    Also, see if it comes up in Disk Utility as a Disk when connected. If it does there, and not in iTunes there could be more amiss.
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Specs:
    RadDave, thanks for responding.
    1. Two iPod classics, one 30GB, one 160GB. The MacBook Pro is a 15" 2.2 GHz, Intel Core i7, 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3. 2. Mavericks OS X 10.9.3. 3. iTunes 11.2.2 (3) 64 bit. 4. Yes. But then updated to Mavericks and had to install a new hard drive. 5. Updated all and continue to regularly. The Apple Support link responded as, "Can't find support page location, return to Apple Support."

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
    Did you just connect it and it wasn't there ?? Try closing down iTunes then connect iPod and then open up iTunes and see if its available.
    Is the Cable you have a working one ?? They are fragile pieces of wire (I've just bought 2 more Lightening Connector cables, because both mine stopped charging), so make sure that works as well. A little bit of fault finding goes a long way, and on top of what Dave above has posted, tell us what you have tried already to root the problem out.
    Also, see if it comes up in Disk Utility as a Disk when connected. If it does there, and not in iTunes there could be more amiss.
    The logo appears briefly, then fades out. It does not appear in the Device menu and is not recognized in Disk Utility. It is featured to eject on the iTunes tool bar.

Thread Information