New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

Frustrated

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

valerie bates

valerie bates is on a distinguished road

I am in Thailand with my ipad but every time I send an e mail or photos it stays in my outbox....... Any advice please
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

I'm assuming you're using an internet service and mail service in Thailand. Do they have a web site that you can check to see if your email is being sent?
QUOTE Thanks
valerie bates

valerie bates is on a distinguished road

Yes I can recieve..I can also reply with a separate talktalk account but not send photographs e mal account for ipad just send them into the outbox
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

How big are the photos? It's possible that your emails are too large. What is the attachment limit for your account?

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Van's explanation is possible, but much more likely is that your home ISP is blocking sending from a remote location as a security measure to prevent spammers from taking over your account and using it to send spam.

You need to contact your original home Internet provider, the one that maintains your email address, explain you are travelling and ask them for instructions on how to change your SMTP outgoing email configuration to allow sending.

OR

You can opt to just use your home provider's webmail portal to send, receive and manage email while you are away from home

OR

You can set up an IMAP account with iCloud, Google, Yahoo, etc large email provider and use that account, which doesn't care where you are located.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPod touch showing photo folders not selected in iTunes | iPod Classic failure »