New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

Trouble with ipod

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Flanker37

Flanker37 is on a distinguished road

My 160gb classic has performed flawless for the last year, its never been dropped. 2 weeks ago i was using mediamonkey & itunes simultaneously on my windows pc. I was going through the list of tracks on my ipod using itunes & looking for the stuff i had marked as 5 star, and marking my tracks up on my pc using mediamonkey.

I then tried to transfer some new tracks from mediamonkey to the ipod, not realising that itunes was still running. 2 pieces of software fighting over my ipod wasnt a good idea. tracks started to transfer at first, but then froze. i had to restart pc to gain access to ipod. windows said there was a problem with device, itunes said ipod was 0byte and needed restoring. however after restore, i am unable to transfer songs either with itunes or mediamonkey. About 20 tracks will transfer, then just freeze, and i will need to restart pc & do the whole thing all over again. ipod has been restore 4 times now.

there is nothing wrong with my music tracks because i synced the same playlist to my sony experia z1
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

How old is your iPod classic? The reason I ask is because the older model iPod classic uses a small hard drive which does not have a long life. It sounds like the drive in your classic is acting up. If it restored OK with iTunes and you have a playlist selected, it should have transferred everything from your playlist to the iPod.

You can attempt to change the hard drive yourself if it's bad. I'm not sure where you can buy a replacement but the instructions for taking the iPod apart and changing the hard drive can be found at iFixit: The free repair manual.
QUOTE Thanks
Flanker37

Flanker37 is on a distinguished road

thanks for the reply, i only figured out 30 minutes ago, what i believe was wrong. When winamp is installed, it installs something called winamp agent. this sits in the notification area, and yet is something else that has access to the ipod. So once that was disabled, i had no problem transferring my music on
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

It's been so long since I used Winamp, I forget that it even exists. I'm not in Windows often enough to keep up with it. Anyway, glad you figured it out. Be careful with that Classic and don't drop it or you'll be replacing the hard drive like I indicated above.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« charging with car's AC - how many devices can be charged | iPod 5.5 Painting Question »