New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

Apple not giving up on iPod just yet?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

You'd think after the terrible sales figures for the iPod that Apple would wash their hands of everything but maybe the Touch, but signs point to a rethink instead:

Caution: reports of iPod 'death' may be premature | Electronista
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

I still use my 4th gen iPod click wheel to lull me to sleep when insomnia hits.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

That was the best iPod in my opinion. Our click wheel iPod lasted for years until my wife dropped it and killed the drive and logic board. The worst iPod in my opinion is the Nano. Short battery life and almost impossible to replace the battery by yourself. We've been through four of them - two as replacements under the Apple one year warranty.
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Never had a Nano but the wife's shuffle has been going strong for over a year and she uses it everyday.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute

I agree. We have bought at least 10 or more Shuffles, some for ourselves and others to give away. They're all still alive and doing well. I just wish Apple would have added more capacity to them.
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

I agree a Shuffle with a 16GB or larger would be something I would buy now.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

My wife isn't using her Shuffle much anymore now that she has an iPhone, but loved it when it was all she had.
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Maybe that job posting has something to do with designing a wearable iOS device like a watch.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
RadDave

RadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP 13" (2013); 2.6 GHz i5; 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.9.5

Well, I never owned the early iPod music players - started out w/ Palm Pilots (remember the stylus!) - around 2009, my son gave me his 32 GB iPod Touch 2G (iOS 4.2.1 and not upgradeable) - so that has been my 'portable music player' - about 80-90 hrs of MP3 music - iPad 2 in 2011 replaced how I used the other apps.

BUT, that little device is still used daily - docked into a Sangean radio w/ great sound for 'going to sleep' music while @ home; goes to the YMCA w/ me along w/ some BT headphones; and is taken on the road w/ a little BT speaker (pic below) which fills a hotel room nicely. I'll likely get a 64 GB iPad Air (or the next one?) in the near future and put my music on it for travel & YMCA purposes (read books while on the machines). Dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 611Xx2nK8FL._SL1500_.jpg (87.0 KB, 59 views)
QUOTE Thanks
Brownie

Brownie is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro 2.53 GHz Core2 Duo 8 GB RAM 128 GB SSD Yosemite

Shuffle: Best iPod to take to the gym. Everything else is too big. Cost is low enough it won't be a heartbreaker if it's lost or stolen. I'd hate to see Apple abandon it.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

Brownie: I don't know Apple's plans but I think it is pretty safe to say the concept of the shuffle will live on as a wearable.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I still have my old 3rd gen iPod with the lighted buttons and it still works. I changed the hard drive and battery at one point.
QUOTE Thanks
nickyr

nickyr is a jewel in the roughnickyr is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: late 2012 IMac 27", mid 2010 Macbook, OSX 10.10, iPhone 5, iPad 3, iOS 8, Apple TV 3, iPod Classic

I just bought a new iPod Classic 160GB to replace my old 30GB one which was full up. I love iPods - great sound quality and convenience.

what have the Roman's ever done for us?

QUOTE Thanks
chscag

The Classic still has the best battery life of any iPod to date, even better than the latest Touch. And with 160 GB of storage, you can load it up with everything from videos to the kitchen sink!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« IPod Connection | iPod not a device »