1st Gen iPod touch more memory?
    I've got a 1st gen iPod that clearly Apple abandoned years ago updating so I barely use it but my question here is, can I take it to any sort of place to rip out the current memory card in there and replace it with a 32GB or even a 16GB card? I'm strictly using it as an iPod and Pandora streamer since I can't use it for anything else anymore without jailbreaking it which i don't know if I want to do. Is what I want to to possible or should I just buy a whole new iPod.

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Not sure you can do it with an iPod touch, but some iPod models (classic and older) can be modified with a larger drive by using a full sized SD memory card. Check it out at iFixit: The free repair manual.

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    You can get around this by using more streaming services at home. Maybe something like this would help.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    Not sure you can do it with an iPod touch, but some iPod models (classic and older) can be modified with a larger drive by using a full sized SD memory card. Check it out at iFixit: The free repair manual.
    You can replace the logic board on it but, a new logic board for that device really isn't worth it, especially when a 32gb board costs $120 from iResQ which was the first one I found, I'd rather just buy a whole new device at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
    You can get around this by using more streaming services at home. Maybe something like this would help.
    Streaming isn't what I was looking for because one summer is here, I do like to travel and racking up a wireless data bill tethering my iPod to my phone for that to work is the last thing I need.

Thread Information