New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

CD covers on ipod

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Wardy

Wardy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x2GB 1TB Serial ATA Drive AMD Radeon HD 697

I have transferred about 20GB of music from my CDs. When I look at them on my iTunes library on my iMac or on the iPod classic 120GB I only get a generic music icon. Should I be able to get the CD cover photo as well as the music tracks.

Yours in ignorance and anticipation
QUOTE Thanks
danielgmac

danielgmac is on a distinguished road

I've found that only about 1 in 10 CDs automagically get a cover pic added to them. I download the pics from wikipedia or scan my cd covers and add them to the "Cover Art" in the CD's "get info" box in iTunes, then the cover pic shows up in both iTunes and the iPod for every song on that CD.
QUOTE Thanks
RadDave

RadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP 13" (2013); 2.6 GHz i5; 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.9.4

Hello - for myself, once I import music into my iTunes Library, the album usually has just the generic icon that you mentioned. By opening the drop down menu for the icon and selecting 'Get Info', the dialog box shown in the attached pic from my iTunes app allows the addition of cover art - just check the box shown by the red arrow and drag an image on your computer into the rectangle.

The cover art can be obtained online or scanned as already suggested. To get the music onto my iPod, I make a playlist and then drag that to the iPod icon in the left sidebar (mine is not cabled at the moment but I'm sure you know what I mean) - if the music is transferred to your iPod w/o the correct cover art (or the generic icon), then I've not found a way to put it onto the iDevice; usually have to delete from the iPod and redo the iTunes transfer. Give it a try and let us know. Dave
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2013-12-30 at 9.53.21 AM.png (426.0 KB, 14 views)
QUOTE Thanks
Wardy

Wardy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x2GB 1TB Serial ATA Drive AMD Radeon HD 697

Thanks for that. I found the Artwork for most of my CDs online and have now updated my library with the covers.
QUOTE Thanks
RadDave

RadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP 13" (2013); 2.6 GHz i5; 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.9.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
Thanks for that. I found the Artwork for most of my CDs online and have now updated my library with the covers.
GREAT! Glad to help and hope getting your cover art to the iPod works out, too! Dave
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Nano 7th gen bluetooth headset, pairs fine then never finds the headset again | New IPod Classic »