New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

New IPod Classic

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Wardy

Wardy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x2GB 1TB Serial ATA Drive AMD Radeon HD 697

I have recently received a new iPod Classic 160GB as a gift. I have managed to transfer all of my CD collection to the iPod through my iMac (late 20011 i7) and iTunes. I also have some audio books on CD and while I can transfer these to the iPod in the same way as Music is there any way I can make them appear in the Audio Books section of the iPod. at the moment they just appear in the Music menu in the genre. Spoken & Audio.

Thanks in anticipation
QUOTE Thanks
Wardy

Mac Specs: 3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x2GB 1TB Serial ATA Drive AMD Radeon HD 697

Thanks I have done this and the CDs I have relabelled as Audiobooks have disappeared from the Music list on my iMac and now appear as Audiobooks on the Mac, as they should do. However, when I synchronise my IPod after doing this, while the CD's I have relabelled as Audiobooks have indeed disappeared from my Music list on the IPod it still tells me there are no Audibooks when I go to that menu on the IPod ???

Puzzled, what am I doing wrong or not doing?
QUOTE Thanks
Wardy

Well after a little experimentation I figured it out. Like most things Mac it was straightforward once you used a little common sense, an attribute that I sometimes lack!!
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
Well after a little experimentation I figured it out. Like most things Mac it was straightforward once you used a little common sense, an attribute that I sometimes lack!!
Related to computers - don't we all !!!

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Wardy

Having solved the above problem another has appeared with regards to Audiobooks. I have transferred the boxed set of The Twelfth Man CDs to iTunes and from there to my iPod. While they appear as individual 'books' on the iMac an each track plays in the correct order, when I look at them on the iPod all the disc tracks are mixed up and appear to be arranged in alphabetical order irrespective of which CD they came from.

Any suggestions please for this novice iPod user.
QUOTE Thanks
Wardy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
Yes. Make sure (on your Mac) that all the "tracks" of the CDs have track numbers. Add them if they don't. Then the tracks should play in the correct order on other devices.
I have had a look at each recording and all the tracks have numbers attached to them and as I said previously they play sequentially on the Mac but are mixed up on the iPod.

Thanks for the response
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« CD covers on ipod | Can't sync podcasts to iPod »