New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

Next Generation IPod Touch?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

eth0net

eth0net is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iBook G3 800mhz 384mb SDRAM, OSX 10.4.11

Hi. I've done some brain busting searches on the web to find out if there will be a 6th generation IPod touch. So far, conflicting results on whether Apple is releasing a new pocket rocket any time soon or not. Apples current IPod touch seems stunning, considering it's dual core processing power and mere multiplied graphical enhancements over the previous generation Touch. But when are the new goods coming???

Even wikipedia has let out gas of a 6th generation IPOD touch to be released this year. When it comes to small devices and performance, I typically would expect to be left with long lasting product. That's exactly what comes to mind when I think of Apple.

There would be no complaints from me, owning the current generation Touch. But buying the newest thing on the market right before it's predecessors release, leaves you feeling like there's water in your left ear. Or is that just me after that bath. hmm
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by eth0net View Post
Hi. I've done some brain busting searches on the web to find out if there will be a 6th generation IPod touch.
The newest iPod Touch was just released 51 days ago back in September. Gonna be a while before the next iPod Touch model is released.

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
eth0net

eth0net is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iBook G3 800mhz 384mb SDRAM, OSX 10.4.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
The newest iPod Touch was just released 51 days ago back in September. Gonna be a while before the next iPod Touch model is released.

- Nick
Indeed. I'll be looking forward to getting one.
QUOTE Thanks
theoak

theoak is on a distinguished road

I am confused! Is generation 5 the most recent ipod touch? Is there a new model of gen 5? Googling keeps indicating that gen 5 was released Sept/Oct 2012. (Over a year ago.)

2007 13" white Macbook, 2 Ghz Core2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, Snow Leopard w/ 250 GB Samsung 840 SSD
32 GB WIFI iPad Mini
Panasonic CF-30, 4 GB RAM, Win7/Ubuntu12.04LTS, 180GB Intel SSD
QUOTE Thanks
Exodist

Exodist is just really niceExodist is just really niceExodist is just really niceExodist is just really nice
Mac Specs: L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), dual 23" Samsung LED Displays

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoak View Post
I am confused! Is generation 5 the most recent ipod touch? Is there a new model of gen 5? Googling keeps indicating that gen 5 was released Sept/Oct 2012. (Over a year ago.)
It was and yes it was about Oct 2012. I have one. The 5th is the most current generation and is still very young. Expect the 6th gen to come out about 3rd qtr of 2014 at earliest.

Now the cool rumor is that Apple is working on curved screens for their upcoming devices. If this is true it could be very neat..

NEW!! Exodist Photography Video Blog
***If someone helps you, please don't forget to use the reputation system.***
QUOTE Thanks
MikeM

MikeM has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 13" MBP - Mid 2012 - i7 / iPad Air / iPhone 5s / ATV3

Personally, the iPod Touch has been one of the apple products that frustrates me. Apple doesn't like supporting them for iOS updates as much as equivalent generation iphones (2 iOS revs per device as opposed to 3 iOS revs per iPhone for the last couple generations) and are usually about a generation behind the current iPhone for CPU/performance as well. I don't see the 5th Gen iPod Touch doing any better considering what's under the hood or future generations being different from the precedent.

I think a used iPhone has more usability, longevity and value than a new iPod Touch in most cases.

-MikeM
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« how to connect ipod to a wifi that requires a key | Uploading CD audio books to Itunes for downloading to Ipod »