ipod mini partition table
    Is this information some trade secret? I recently tried to update an ipod mini, new battery, new click wheel, CF card in place of hard drive. Now I just get the yellow triangle folder error screen. I've reinstalled the original WD micro drive, no joy. Tested both in a card reader and both test out fine. My Mac won't mount it so I tried a linux program called RockBox using the card reader and get a message not proper partition table. I've googled for ipod mini partition table and get no hits. I was hoping to partition it via Disk Utility and try again but I've tried GUID & Mac OS, MBR & Fat32 and neither is recognized.

Oh and yes, I've tried all the manual reset options using the click wheel, no joy. I can get it into disk mode but the Mac still can't mount it.

Specs:
    Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
    Have you tries to restore the ipod through iTunes
    Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    I had the same problem with my old iPod Mini. Changed out the hard drive with a CF card and never could get it to work right. Going thru the trouble shooting tips on the ifixit site I came to the conclusion that when the hard drive failed, it took out the logic board. Mini was thrown away and the CF card returned for a refund. Good luck with getting yours working.

Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    I had the same problem with my old iPod Mini. Changed out the hard drive with a CF card and never could get it to work right. Going thru the trouble shooting tips on the ifixit site I came to the conclusion that when the hard drive failed, it took out the logic board. Mini was thrown away and the CF card returned for a refund. Good luck with getting yours working.
    Well I have a Nikon camera that takes the CF card so it won't go to waste. I'll comb ebay & kijjiji see if I can find a logicboard at a reasonable price and try again. It's been a learning experience at least.

Quote Originally Posted by louishen View Post
    Have you tries to restore the ipod through iTunes
    Really? Really? Did you even read my post? Explain to me how I restore an ipod that WON'T MOUNT?????????? Won't mount in OSX, won't mount in Windows, won't mount in Linux.

Thread Information