New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

Hold button issues

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

abess35

abess35 is on a distinguished road

I sent my son's iPod Touch 4th gen out to have the screen replaced. Admittedly, when you use a non-authorized Apple service, you're taking a chance. I received the iPod back, and the hold button is not working, and it was in working order prior to being sent out. When I contacted the repair service, I was told that when the screen is replaced, there is absolutely no contacted with the hold button, therefore the issue with the button is separate from the repair. Before I call shenanigans, I'd like to verify that what I was told is true. I'd be most appreciative to anyone who could shed some light onto whether there is a possibility the hold button crapped out on its own. Thank you in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

It's almost impossible to determine whether the hold button not functioning was coincidental or in fact caused by faulty maintenance on their part. And you were correct with your statement about using other than an Apple authorized repair service. Unless you can get them to repair the hold button for no cost or as part of their repair warranty, (assuming they have one) I'm afraid you're going to be out of luck.

You can view the take apart instructions for the iPod Touch at iFixit: The free repair manual. Perhaps that might help when dealing with the repair service that worked on the Touch.
QUOTE Thanks
abess35

abess35 is on a distinguished road

Thank you for verifying what I suspected. I appreciate the link to the iFixit manual.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 7th Gen ipod Nano battery issues | hard drive capacity »