Unhappy iPod screen issue after being replaced
    Hello everyone

Im desperate with this case. I use to fix my friends' ipods and phones for a cheap price and after some problems (some one didnt want to pay) i stopped. But my friend asked me if i could fix her iPod... I agreed only if it was for free, she bought the screen i indicated on amazon and so. finally i replaced the screen only it displays white. That's it. nothing is obviously responding because it turns on and off when i press the home or the lock button. I already resetted by holding Home+lock and home+VolUP+lock. iTunes detects the ipod. Just for curiousity i made a screenshot on the ipod and this is what i got:

i dont even know where i messed up or what component got affected. Does somebody know whats wrong?

The Republic of Neptune
    Hmmm. One of my first guesses is that it's the wrong screen. Perhaps a retina screen on a non-retina iPod. Second guess is one of the cables attached to the screen is loose or damaged. I don't know which model iPod you are working on, and I haven't opened one up myself, but looking over a couple guides on iFixit, I would say it's either the digitizer cable (less likely) or the display cable (most likely).

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Thread Information