New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

Ipod Classic HELP!!!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

craigakane

craigakane is on a distinguished road

My classic iPod is showing a red X in a red circle what could it be and how how can I fix this its out of warranty and its 80GB
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

If you've tried to reset it with iTunes and the red X still remains, it could be a bad hard drive. In other words, the hard drive within the Classic has failed. Are you able to recharge your Classic?

If you go to iFixit: The free repair manual with the model number, it shows how to replace the drive.
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Have you reset it and if so then the problem is more than likely a failed drive.
chscag beat me to it.
QUOTE Thanks
craigakane

craigakane is on a distinguished road

Ipod Doesn't charge
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

The ifixit web site shows how to change the battery for your classic in addition to replacing the hard drive. A new hard drive for your classic is going to be expensive since they're really not produced any longer.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Distortion on my 80GB iPod | My iMessages seems to be dodgy? »