New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

How to restore iPod without installing V.11

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Searcher

Searcher is on a distinguished road

I already posted a questions but some reason it never showed up, So I'm going to try again.

I'm running 10.6 on iMac and iTune V.10. on my iPOd 4th V.6. However, during a recent software update iTune wanted to force to install iTune 11 which I didn't want. I let it go through but apparently it never got installed because I can still see that I have iTune 10 installed.

But when I connect the iPod iTune shows an error message with a neg #. Then it tells me that I need to reset my iPod back to Factory settings and by doing so, it will installed the latest version of iTune V.11 which I don't want.

After the update I went to TM and restored iTune from TM which it had iTune 10. Is there any way that I could restore my iPod without installing V.11
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

iOS 6 requires iTunes 10.6 or above.

So what you have should work providing your install is 'sound'.

From what you've said, to restore your iPod you're going to have to put it in recovery mode to do the restore
iOS: Unable to update or restore

My concern is that it's your iTunes install that's at fault.

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPod G2 | Cover Flow on iPod Classic 160GB »