New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

is there going to be an ipod touch 6 generation coming out this year?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rumour5

rumour5 is on a distinguished road

I'm getting an ipod touch in June. I'm not sure whether to wait till I get one or just get the 5th generation one?
QUOTE Thanks
halo200

halo200 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" Macbook Pro 2.0Ghz i7 8GB AMD 6490M 256OCZ Vertex 4 SSD | iPhone 5S 16GB

If you follow the rumor mills they mention "between July and October 2013" but until its officially announced then there really is no way of being 100% sure.

I find the best way to locate rogue DHCP servers is to send 240V down the appropriate port. Follow the smoke.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Given that the latest iPod Touch took 25 months to get here, I would not count on a new model this year. It's possible some sort of very minor "bump" will take place just before the holiday buying season, but an actual new model? I'd say no chance at all of that, but that's just my opinion.
QUOTE Thanks
rabbitjetta

rabbitjetta is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Retina Pro, iPhone 5, iPad 4, iPod touch 3-5, iMac 27

I doubt that it will be here this year. I have a 5th generation and love it, its a major improvement over the 4th generation. If you are going to get one I would just get the 5th.
QUOTE Thanks
Lightcraftsman

Lightcraftsman is a jewel in the roughLightcraftsman is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15-inch 2014 Retina MacBook Pro, 2012 Mac Mini, 160GB iPod Classic, iPhone 5

I'm waiting for the 128GB iPod Touch. In the meantime I'll keep using my iPod Classic. I'd gladly pay a premium for a 256GB iPod Touch. Version matters less to me than capacity.

"It's got to come from the heart, if you want it to work."
Guy Clark

Light Craftsman website
QUOTE Thanks
janesi87

janesi87 is on a distinguished road

iam looking for the introduction of iPod Touch this summer. There are many information about it but nothing seems to be realiable
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPod Touch Microphone stopped working after I replaced the cracked screen | Downloading from 2 Mac help please... »